compensation: $15.55 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Apprentice Print Machine Operator
Monvera Glass Décor (www.monvera.com) is a leading supplier of glass decoration services to the wine and beverage industry. We print labels directly onto glass bottles and we are looking for entry level apprentices that we will train to operate our printing equipment. Prior experience is not necessary as we will provide on the job training. After a period of shadowing and hands-on training you will become part of our Printing team.
This full-time apprentice position offers a great opportunity to learn new skills with possibilities for future advancement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Learning and performing all aspects of print production
• Machine set up and tear down
• Maintaining the quality of the print job
• Cleaning and maintaining the machines and the machine staging area
• Creating and updating job records
• Co-coordinating with other departments such as Staging, QC and Shipping & Receiving
• Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; comply with legal
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
• Interest in and ability to learn about a variety of mechanical and computerized equipment
• Able to pay close attention to detail and follow verbal and written instructions
• Problem-solving skills and knowledge of basic math and measurements
• Able to communicate clearly both written and orally in English
• Ability to perform well in a fast-paced work environment
• Comfortable with maintaining records, both paper and electronic
• Able to work in a standing position and bend and stoop and able to lift up to 25lbs
• Able to work overtime when required
• High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
• Prior mechanical or machine operating experience is a plus
• Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
Monvera Glass Décor is located on the waterfront in the Ford Motor Building by Pt. Richmond with free parking and is accessible by BART.