We operate some of the most technologically advanced plants in the world, but they can't run by themselves - we depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you. Apply today for our full-time position and start your new and rewarding career with Cargill!
Cargill offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Vacation & Holiday Pay, 401K Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Career Development Opportunities, and more!
This position is responsible for maintaining, repairing and performing preventative and predictive maintenance on equipment for a salt production facility. Maintenance Mechanic is an IAM Union position.
Primary Accountabilities include:
• Maintain, repair, and perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) rounds on processing and packing equipment such as baggers, palletizers, stretch wrappers, screw conveyors, and bucket elevators.
• Maintain, repair, and perform PM and PdM rounds on all production equipment such as pumps, fans, centrifuges, piping/valve systems, mobile equipment, tractors, pickups, heavy mobile equipment, conveyors, mixers, and miscellaneous processing equipment etc.
• Utilize precision maintenance craft skills.
• Perform welding and basic fabrication.
• Distinguish between proactive and reactive maintenance.
• Right to work in the U.S.
• minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
• Must be able to read/write English
• Basic computer skills
• Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces
• Must be able to perform maintenance trades including gearbox and bearing, mechanical maintenance and hydraulic and pneumatic.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
• Ability to work in elevated areas
• Must be able to operate heavy equipment
• Ability to work overtime
• Minimum two years of experience as a machinist, maintenance mechanic, and/or millwright.