compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Oakland based interior design firm working on both commercial and residential projects is looking for a multi-talented and experienced designer to work alongside the principal and senior designer.
Our current work includes designing hospitality, residential, and offices in both the SF Bay Area and New York City. Our services include interior architecture, space planning, finishes, fixtures, and decor with an emphasis on custom designed furniture and lighting, art installations, and bespoke finishes. This is a young firm with modern, eclectic and artistic aesthetic.
Check us out here: www.beckycarter.com
This position is suited to a junior to intermediate level designer, in which you would be an overall support role in most aspects of the projects from conception to completion. The role requires extreme organization, attention to detail, and flexibility in the scope of your work. The position offers an opportunity to be a part of a small, innovative, and growing business while working creatively, honing your vision, and having ownership of your work.
Position would start immediately on a freelance basis compensating hourly, and has opportunity to become a staff position for the right fit. Seeking full time help, with some flexibility in your schedule, based on workload. To apply, please email a CV, portfolio, and short introduction about yourself. Thanks!
--- Requirements ---
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Art, Design or Architecture.
• Minimum 2-4 years of experience designing interiors through all phases of project construction and design.
• Fluency in Mac OS, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Studio Webware; Microsoft Office; hand drawing and sketching a plus.
--- Key Responsibilities ---
• Assist principal and senior designer with producing design presentations in InDesign.
• Research products; obtain quotes; confirm product availability and specifications.
• Produce AutoCAD drawings.
• Assist principal in concept development, including custom furniture and lighting design.
• Develop and maintain on-going project documentation, including setting up project schedules and initial budget outline, and updating shared project folders.
• Visit showrooms and specialty sources to select materials and samples.
• Assist in preparing furniture, finishes and fabric schemes.
• Interface with showrooms, artisans and consultants.
• Manage proposals and purchase orders.
• Create and detail specifications as needed to ensure accurate product and service on assigned projects.
• Work with vendors on all aspects of sourcing, quoting, specifying and pricing.
• Furniture plan development.
• Develop drawings and detailed visuals for assigned projects.
• Work in Studio Webware on a regular basis as new information is received.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers