compensation: Compensation depends on experience employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for an experienced custom picture framer for high-quality production projects as well as specialty custom jobs.
We are presently engaged in two major high profile projects which require expanding our team - they are surging presently through the end of September, however, operations are ongoing after milestones.
You should have a solid knowledge of framing, including sawing, joining, mounting and hinging, matting, and assembling picture frames.
We are open to FT/PT or project based for the right candidate.
This is an opportunity to work on projects which are exceptional and challenging with a unique workflow (vs conventional retail/contract picture framing shops) as we design our art programs and create our own content. Our projects are complex large scale which we produce from concept through installation in high-profile facilities such as hospitals, government buildings etc. In most cases, we design and create the programs internally, including the content development, photography, digital printing, and we manage our own installations. In other words, we are not contract farmers for hire competing to be the low priced leader, and we strive for excellence in all our projects.
Ideal Experience & Qualities
• Hands-on expertise in all aspects of custom picture framing: chopping, joining (Cassese V-nailer and/or Hoffman) matting, dry mounting, fitting
• Use of Wizard CMC - we have the latest model 9000z
• Knowledge of framing design, materials, conservation and contract methods, and the industry in general
• Attention to detail with a critical eye
• Ability to do precise work with a high level of craftsmanship with good math skills
• Positive attitude, excellent communication skills, natural problem solver, proactive
• honest, trustworthy and reliable, good references
Prefer over 5 years of hands-on experience but will consider some training for the right candidate. Must have the ability to work under limited supervision, as well as with a team. You should be comfortable in a nontraditional environment, and be able to "multi-task" and exercise good judgment. We are flexible in schedule however generally we work Monday through Friday 9-5:30. As our projects are not retail in nature, however, if you are able to work independently, flexible hours and times are possible.
Optional Experience & Qualities:
+ Experience with oversize pieces - we create pieces greater than 4 x 8', some have been national treasures
+ Exhibit production and fabrication experience
+ Installation of art programs
+ Frame design
+ Frame Ready POS software
+ Digital printing, graphic design, and photography
+ Interest in sustainable best practices and eco-friendly solutions
+ Interest in long-term career in framing and art industry
+ Management skills: ability to lead a team (optional)
Please send cover letter highlighting relevant experience with your resume.
• Tell us about yourself and why this position is of interest to you
• Summary of your experience
• Links to any relevant background work that would support your position
• Objectives and intentions; tell us what type of employment or career situation you are looking for?
About us: We have been creating permanent exhibit and art programs in the SF Bay Area / California region since 1980
Learn more about our framing shop: www.eco-framing.com
Learn more about our art programs and full-service approach: www.businessimagegroup.com
Note: we are also need installers as a speciality on a gig basis if qualified for security z-bar installation at the hospital
•note: Inquiries are also welcome from experts in Photoshop/retouching, hand-tinting, graphic design / In Design INDD and digital printing
Location: We have a 4500 SF facility in East Oakland; safe parking in front of our building on a private street; regretfully, public transportation is not easy for our location.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers