SNAP JUDGMENT TECHNICAL PRODUCTION MANAGER
Snap Judgment, the award winning radio show and podcast (heard on over 400 NPR stations nationwide, and downloaded over two million times every month) is seeking a Technical Production Manager.
Based in downtown Oakland California, this full time position reports directly to the Executive Producers and works closely alongside Managing Editor of Snap Judgment.
· Coordinating / streamlining / building the schedule and myriad moving parts of a rapidly evolving weekly production calendar for two shows simultaneously. Keeping production staff on-track, coordinating between producers and audio staff. Evaluate and distribute work assignments to team members.
· Generate show copy and ensure technical quality and readiness for air for broadcast and podcast versions of the shows. Tracks version control and oversees delivery of show at each stage.
· Mapping and overseeing hard production deadlines for a number of simultaneous stories. Working in close coordination with Managing Editor and Executive Producers to ensure that production staff adheres to production checklist and that audio team is aware of deadlines for scoring and engineering.
· Building and documenting systems for efficient production and communication. Change management for rapidly growing enterprise.
Candidates with proven experience leading a creative team and strengthening production capacity highly preferred.
· Loading weekly podcasts and broadcast shows on a variety of platforms. Uploading segments including show copy, promo copy, and timings and cues.
Produce Ads, tracking ad copy, recording , cutting, and mastering ads. and delivering promos to co-producing partner.
· Listening to final bounces of podcast WAV, double-checking for swearing, pauses, glitches, and advertising breaks.
· Cutting and bouncing podcast WAVs into individual story mp3s, including story tag formats.
· Working with community editor to ensure that show is loaded alongside web assets.
· Uploading compressed segments to Sirius weekly.
Candidate does not have to have prior experience with every aspect of the above technical duties but should have proven technological acumen and attention to detail.
·Experience with ProTools or Logic, general audio enginering specifications, mixing and mastering concepts.
Minimum of three years of audio/broadcast experience, familiarity with FCC rules and general mechanics of audio production.
Ability to oversee technical troubleshooting (on Mac and PC). Responsible for data backup, recovery, and archiving.
Must have strong administrative and organizational skills
·Ability to score or compose original music plus.
·Bachelors or technical degree or equivalent experience
·Production experience in a fast-paced media environment. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
·Managerial and technical acumen. Strong interpersonal and problem resolution skills.
·Experience both working in podcasts and public radio.
·Ability to work well under pressure, within the framework of tight deadlines.
·Clear communication skills with the ability to be effective across diverse groups throughout the company and among freelancers.
This is a full-time position, based in Snap’s Oakland offices. Salary based on experience. Superlatively generous vacation policy (6 weeks).
Snap Judgment is an Equal Opportunity Employer actively seeking diversity in the workplace. We encourage people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women and gender-noncomforming candidates to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume and cover letter with the subject line "Technical Operations Manager" to jobs//snapjudgment.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers