compensation: Salary plus commission employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Benefits Offered: Medical (Kaiser), 401K
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Company:
We are a high end design-build residential remodeling company in the east bay specializing in kitchen and bath remodel. Our showroom in Oakland opened in 1950 and we've proudly served the residence of the area with high standard maintaining a reputation of excellence for seven decades. We are an award winning team bonded by high energy, creativity and passion for what we do. Our designers and project managers partner together on every project to deliver the utmost experience and quality product to our clients. Our staff and trade partners have been with us for decades. We are seeking to add a talented and experienced designer to our valued team.
As a designer, you will be required to communicate directly with homeowners to understand and develop their custom remodeling needs. You will be required to create budgetary proposals, plans and elevations, material sample palettes, written project specifications and contracts for home remodeling projects. You will collaborate with a project manager throughout the design and construction for each project. You will be required to answer phones, greet showroom guests, and ensure that product displays and showroom displays are maintained to the highest standards; these responsibilities are shared among the design team. In addition to being a designer you are also a sales person and will be required to visit job sites for initial homeowner inquiries, site measurements and jobsite visits through project completion. You will also collaborate with retailers for material resource and be required to participate in product training. This is a full-time position, showroom hours are 8:30am - 5:00pm and you will be required to work occasional Saturdays based on staff rotation.
• Degree from 2 year design program or bachelors degree in interior design or similar degree
• Active member of the NKBA with minimum AKBD certification or in pursuit of certification
• Experience with space planning and NKBA or ASID design standards - portfolio examples a plus
• AutoCAD experience is a must , Chief Architect experience is a plus
• Drafting experience is a must, able to create drawing plans and elevations for permitting
• General knowledge of cabinetry - ordering, drawing, materials, finishes, wood types
• Familiarity with materials & finishes - countertops, tile, plumbing and appliances etc.
• General construction knowledge - plumbing, electrical, structural, doors & windows etc.
• Sales experience with direct client interface
• Design presentation experience
• Project estimating and specification writing experience
• Basic Microsoft office Programs a must: Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel
• Good Character a must - professional appearance, excellent oral and written communication, team player, strong work ethic
• Licensed California Driver and access to a reliable insured vehicle, a must
• Must be flexible and able to work occasional Saturdays and participate in evening industry events
Only candidates who send their cover letter and resume will be considered.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers