John McNeil Studio is a collective of strategists, writers, designers, filmmakers, technologists, musicians and photographers who help companies tell compelling stories and build brands. We love digital but embrace print. We are founded in aesthetics, but also in utility. We make things that make brands grow. We are currently looking for a Unity Developer Intern to join our team.
John McNeil Studio is offering a paid three-month Unity Virtual Reality Development Internship.
-Rapidly prototype new experiences in Unity/C#. This may include user interaction, games, simulated work environments, and entertainment/education applications.
- Collaborate with design leads, artists, animators and act as a liaison between development and final user experience.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Optimize performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Software development background with experience in C#.
- Excellent knowledge of Unity, including experience with scripting, textures, shaders, animation, GUI styles, and user interaction in AR/VR applications.
- Experience with character rigging and animation within Unity, including working with mocap data.
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments.
In addition, experience in any of these areas are a plus:
- 3D content creation (Modo, Maya, Etc.).
- Console development.
- Audio engineering.
- Audio asset creation.
Must be available to work in our Berkeley studio. A valid US work visa is required. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, a link to your portfolio, and a reference list to https://johnmcneilstudio.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=38&source=craigslist. No phone calls about the job. No drop-ins about the job. Due to the number of applicants, we will not respond to each email.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers