John McNeil Studio is looking for a Jr. Social Content Creator to join our team in Berkeley. We are a collective of strategists, writers, designers, filmmakers, technologists, musicians and photographers who help companies tell compelling stories and build brands. We are founded in aesthetics, but also in utility. We make things that make brands grow.
As the Jr. Social Content Creator, you will work with the Social Art Director on all social media projects. You’ll gain excellent experience by being part of every project from brainstorming to execution. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the social space and has the ability to think on their feet to create compelling concepts. The ideal candidate will be as inventive and as they are entertaining and be able to produce quality creative under deadline.
● Create compelling, on-brand and engaging social creative, including but not limited to graphics, photos, videos, and other rich media.
● Utilize Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere with great proficiency, dedicating any downtime to learn more when possible in order to become an expert.
● Participate in independent and group idea generation, contributing concepts as well as thinking through final form factor.
● Organize and update production and image databases.
● Coordinate with other designers, illustrators, printers, photographers, and production teams to complete social campaigns.
● Work cooperatively and collaboratively with all colleagues and professionally with the client.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
● Bachelor or Associate degree in a design-related field.
● 1-3 years of experience designing content for social, agency background preferred.
● Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite; primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere.
● Working knowledge of photography and image retouching.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● A passion for popular culture, trends, and technology as well as knowledge of the most cutting-edge social media tactics and channels.
● Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
● Superstar when it comes to meeting deadlines, staying organized and balancing priorities.
● Expertise with office work applications, including Keynote, PowerPoint, and Google Slides.
This is a full-time position at our beautiful Berkeley studio. Full-time employment includes a generous benefits package including healthcare benefits, FSA and 401k. No phone calls about the job. To apply please visit johnmcneilstudio.bamboohr.com/jobs.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers