compensation: $26.96 per Union CBA employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Utility Repair Worker I, Golden Rain Foundation
Rossmoor, Walnut Creek
Rossmoor Walnut Creek is a nationally recognized community for active seniors who are 55 and older. With nearly 10,000 residents in 6,700 homes on 2,000 acres, Rossmoor is a beautiful, serene enclave about 25 miles east of San Francisco.
GRF employees provide a huge variety of services including maintenance, plumbing, carpentry, landscaping, golf course maintenance, recreation, lifeguarding, fitness training, vehicle repair, accounting, insurance and purchasing.
Position: Utility Repair Worker I
Looking for a general Utility Repair Worker who is skilled in all applicable trades. Performs related tasks as assigned falling within the purview of the Managing Supervisor.
This is a union position with full medical & retirement benefits through Laborer's Local 324 AFL-CIO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, this position provides day-to-day general building maintenance at The Golden Rain Foundation. Regular tasks include and are not limited to:
· Perform maintenance for boilers, heat pumps, chillers, condensers, and air handlers;
· Perform maintenance and repairs for plumbing systems, equipment, fixtures and appurtenant supply, drain and sewer lines;
· Perform building maintenance including painting, carpentry, roofing, façade repairs and gutters, downspouts and ground drains clearing;
· Perform maintenance on electrical and lighting systems;
· Perform maintenance and repairs on kitchen equipment and appliances;
· Perform minor street maintenance including pothole repairs, striping, signage installation and traffic control;
· Perform erosion and run-off control;
· Operate computer-based energy management systems.
High school diploma, GED and/or vocational training in relevant skills;
Demonstrable high skill levels in mechanical, electrical, plumbing and building equipment and systems.
Able to lift heavy objects, exert sustained physical effort; able to climb ladders, stairwells, work on rooftops and in confined areas.
HVAC certification desirable but not required.
3-5 years’ minimum maintenance or construction experience involving HVAC, electrical, plumbing and/or building systems.
§ Clean and valid California driver license and satisfactory driving record are conditions of initial employment.
§ Ability to meet the Dept. of Homeland Security requirements confirming identity and right to work in the United States is required.
§ Offer is contingent upon satisfactorily passing pre-employment physical, drug test and physical capabilities assessment.
§ This is a union position (Laborers’ Local 324, AFL-CIO) with full medical benefits & retirement plan.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers