Pest Control Specialist, Golden Rain Foundation
Rossmoor, Walnut Creek
Rossmoor Walnut Creek is a nationally recognized community for active seniors who are 55 and older. With nearly 10,000 residents in 6,700 homes on 2,000 acres, Rossmoor is a beautiful, serene enclave about 25 miles east of San Francisco.
GRF employees provide a huge variety of services including maintenance, plumbing, carpentry, landscaping, golf course maintenance, recreation, lifeguarding, fitness training, vehicle repair, accounting, insurance and purchasing.
Job Description- Pest Control Specialist
This is a union position (Laborers’ Local 324 AFL-CIO), with full medical benefits and retirement plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Effectively control household pests such as rats, mice, spiders, ants, and others for a large senior residential community. Must utilize exclusion techniques and integrated pest management strategies to prevent future infestations. May occasionally remove snakes, bats, and animal carcasses from in or around homes, or trap and terminate racoons.
• Respond to reports of pest issues and inspect buildings, attics, crawl spaces and landscaped areas to determine the presence and identity of pests
• Implement effective control techniques to treat and resolve infestations
• Set traps, bait, use pesticides and follow up to ensure pests have been eliminated
• Enter homes and patiently interact with residents who may be frustrated
• Safely handle and properly store pesticides and chemicals
• Knowledge of pest life cycles, habitat, food preferences and elimination techniques
• Must be familiar and comfortable with using traps, baits, pesticides and other pest control products
Education and Experience
• Qualified applicator license (QAL) or qualified applicator certificate (QAC)
• Knowledge of department of pesticide regulation rules
• Clean and valid California driver license
• Minimum 8 years experience required in pest control
• Clean and valid California driver license and satisfactory driving record are conditions of initial and continued employment.
• Ability to meet the Dept. of Homeland Security requirements confirming identity and right to work in the United States is required.
• Offer is contingent upon satisfactorily passing pre-employment physical, drug test and physical capabilities assessment.
• Previous employment must be verifiable.
• This is a union position (Laborer’s Local 324 AFL-CIO).
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers