The Golden Rain Foundation is recruiting an experienced golf course irrigation repair specialist to join our crew in the maintenance and repair of our 9-hole and 18-hole golf courses inside the gated residential community of Rossmoor, Walnut Creek.
QR Code Link to This Post
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under direct supervision, uses appropriate equipment, materials, and tools to repair broken pipe lines, replace sprinkler components and maintain irrigation systems on golf courses and surrounding areas.
As required, performs other tasks related to golf course maintenance, including and not limited to:
• Trimming, weed-eating, grading/trenching, sod/bark/mulch installation;
• Some digging with shovels and other hand tools;
• Loading/unloading of gravel, drain rocks, topsoil, sod, bark;
• Building block and moss rock walls;
• Minimum 3 years previous golf course irrigation experience.
• Ability to operate pipe cutters, files, glue applicators, and other various small hand power tools;
• Able to maintain clean and neat work environment, equipment and maintenance facility.
• Able to work for extended periods in varied outdoor conditions.
• Able to work weekends and holidays as scheduled.
Education and Experience
• High school graduate or equivalent;
• Demonstrated ability to speak, read, and write business English well enough to handle radio calls and act on written work orders.
• Clean and valid California driver license and satisfactory driving record are conditions of initial and continued employment.
• Ability to meet the Dept. of Homeland Security requirements confirming identity and right to work in the United States is required.
• Offer is contingent upon satisfactorily passing pre-employment physical, drug test and physical capabilities assessment.
• Previous employment must be verifiable.
• This is a union position (Laborer’s Local 324 AFL-CIO).
THE GOLDEN RAIN FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER