compensation: $14.00 hour + up D.O.E. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Maritime service contractor is currently seeking qualified tank cleaning technicians for work at local shipyard.
$14.00 per hour to start. Weekly pay. Experience is preferred, but willing to train. Higher rates for experienced applicants. Performance bonuses and regular wage increases offered to motivated individuals.
Please review the job duties and requirements before responding to this ad.
Tank Cleaning Technicians clean various types of tanks on vessels, process equipment and piping by a variety of methods as well as clean tanks on boats and barges.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Clean Fuel Tanks, Vessels, Process Equipment, Boat & Barge Cargo Tanks, Portable Containers & Piping.
- Confined Space Entry Cleaning, pass through small manway passages into confined spaces on tanks and marine vessels
- Low and High Pressure Washing with Waterblasting Units and Pressure Washers
- Utilize equipment (air compressors, diaphragm pumps, suction & discharge hoses, etc) necessary to facilitate tank cleaning
- Draining tanks and vessels, connects hose to water or steam lines, and sprays walls, roof, and bottom of tank to flush residue such as oil, acid, grease, and sludge through tank openings
- Scrape and scrub walls to remove incrustations, scale, or other deposits and production/drilling fluids.
- Remove chemical residues and other liquids from tank bottoms with squeegees or pump and suction hoses
- Sweep up debris and shovels sludge into buckets or other approved portable containers
- Dry tanks with portable air drying equipment
- Test for gases & oxygen content of tanks; monitors throughout job duration
- Add specified chemicals to industrial tanks, vessels, and piping to maintain and replenish tank processing capabilities and physical integrity
- Working in crews that range in size from two (2) to twenty (20) employees
- Know, understand and apply all safety-related rules and regulations regarding job tasks assigned; report potentially unsafe conditions.
- Always use materials and equipment for its designated purpose.
- Wear proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to execute functions of the job.
- Work in extreme outdoor weather conditions; wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; work inside tanks within a marine vessel hull; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, the employee may be susceptible to decibel levels up to and including 104 dBs. Hearing protection is required when noise level becomes greater than 84 dBs.
-Must be able to perform physically laborious work including frequently lifting and moving up to 50+ lbs.
- Must be able to read and interpret written information, effectively communicate with others, and the ability to multiply and divide units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be adaptable to work an on-call schedule. All personnel may be required to work as the work schedule demands. Must be willing and able to work offshore and travel by boat.
- No prior experience necessary but preference given to those with experience as a confined space entrant possessing knowledge and capability of cleaning tank surfaces in tanks on boats and barges.
- Previous 40 hour HAZWOPER, OSHA10/30, and Confined Space training is REQUIRED.
- Shipyard trade background a plus.
- Education High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is required to fulfill this position.
WAGE - Starting wage for this position is $14.00/hr. However, well qualified and experienced applicants can be offered a higher rate.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS -- Please ONLY REPLY to this ad if you have READ AND UNDERSTAND all job duties and requirements, AND CAN PERFORM all job duties as described.
HOW TO APPLY - If you would like to join our team please reply via email with your resume in the email body (preferred). Be sure include a good phone number to reach you and when you are available to start.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers