There are no direct reports with this position.
Under minimal supervision, the Quality Control Inspector for Hospital Housekeeping inspects a wide variety of services and processes requiring knowledge of the standards and techniques for hospital level cleaning contracts, including processes, equipment and materials, to ensure compliance with assigned contract(s). Employees in this job class are responsible for tracking and interpreting trending data for site management. This job class requires comprehensive knowledge of Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) functions, continuous improvement, as well as the ability to organize and budget time and resources while managing multiple priorities.
1. *Perform inspection activity on assigned services IAW the Quality Management System (QMS) by inspecting all site services, equipment and processes for conformity to established operational and industry standards for compliance with contractual/corporate provisions;
2. *Perform Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) testing IAW the QMS, site ATP procedures, and the Hospital Facilities Manual (HFM) by testing, documenting, and reporting concentration levels and trends;
3. *Conduct Customer Surveys IAW the QMS, site customer survey procedures, and the HFM through random interaction with hospital staff, documenting, investigating and reporting results and trends;
4. *Determine, coordinate, analyze, monitor and report on all aspects of the Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) program;
5. *Perform joint inspection activities with customer quality team to validate contractual compliance and coordinate site response to identified defects;
6. *Coordinate, document, and facilitate all quality training for site employees;
7. *Educate Operations Management, Supervisors and contracting personnel on corporate QMS procedures and computerized reports;
8. *Represent quality through participation in Source America, corporate and contract meetings, assessments, and audits;
9. *Develop and maintain the site Quality Control Plan (QCP), ensuring all specific documents reflect current procedures and practices;
10. *Compile information, author and maintain reports on QA/QC data, providing data analysis as required and when requested;
11. *Develop a professional working relationship with contract personnel;
12. *Research, analyze, and interpret state regulations, institution rules, and hospital guidance to determine risk to both technical and operational aspects of the contract;
13. Ensure staff comply with corporate/customer specific safety requirements by assisting leadership with safety observations and investigations (as assigned);
14. Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
• Experience with various quality trade tools, application, equipment, concepts, local and hospital based regulations;
• Knowledge of quality control methods, processes and programs such as ISO, Six Sigma, Lean, TQM or other quality system preferred;
• Experience in hospital housekeeping/environmental services preferred;
• Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from team, customers and others;
• Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English;
• Human relations skills to maintain effective working relationships with team;
• Effective customer service skills;
• Intermediate computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
• Basic mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
• Demonstrated customer service, problem solving and common sense skills.
Bachelors in Business Administration or related field
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Utilizing keyboard
• Viewing computer screen
• Bending, kneeling, stooping, squatting and reaching
• May require climbing ladders and/or step stools
• Standing and walking
• Maneuvering in and around the worksite
Work is performed in a prison healthcare facility with specialized needs for security and environmental control. Employees may be required to work confined space, and in aseptic areas with exposure to dirt, dust, odors, toxic chemicals, and infectious disease; and will work in high security areas with protocols. Employees may also be exposed to, depending on the weather, elements such as wind, rain, cold, and heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities