compensation: Depends upon experience and ranges from $20.44/hour - $28.06/hour employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The HAART Clinic in Oakland has an outstanding counseling role available in substance use disorder treatment!
• We need a new member for our dedicated and client-focused counseling team
• We are looking for a dynamic, independent, socially minded team player
If you are committed to working with clients who want to improve their lives and you are interested in further developing your individual counseling skills and expanding your knowledge base, we want YOU!
• Provide substance use disorder counseling and case management to approximately 40-45 clients
• Assess need for and provide or refer for services such as: overdose prevention, crisis intervention, grief counseling, treatment and support for co-occurring mental and physical disorder, relaxation/stress management, recovery and life skills training, anger management, HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C education and counseling, nutritional education, parenting skills and more
• Independently maintain timely compliance with the requirements of state, federal, and local licensing and accreditation agencies
• Participate in Quality Assurance Reviews and Clinical Supervision, performance improvement activities, and continuing education as needed
• Serve as an advocate and liaison with other SUD treatment providers, primary and mental health services, social service agencies, and the criminal justice system to maintain a continuum of care for HAART patients
• Eligibility, or the ability to become eligible, to work in a licensed SUD program as defined by California State Counselor Certification Requirements, as a certified SUD counselor, LMFT, or LCSW
• Associate MFTs & CSWs are encouraged to apply. Supervision hours may be obtained here.
• Computer proficiency, including the ability to quickly learn and use new software programs
• Experience with and ability to work with a high-risk and diverse population
• One year of experience in the substance use disorder field or providing individual or group therapy
• Bachelor's Degree or certification or licensure in the substance use disorder or behavioral health field is preferred but not required upon hire
• A four-day work week with the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
• Five weeks paid time off and 14 paid holidays per year
• Generous medical and dental benefits
• Employer contributions to your 403b plan
• And many more fantastic benefits
HAART-Oakland is a harm reduction-based nonprofit clinic providing treatment to opioid dependent adults in Alameda County since 1979. We provide medication-assisted treatment including buprenorphine and methadone maintenance treatment, long-term detoxification, and professional counseling services. HAART-Oakland is committed to providing an environment that encourages positive change and personal growth in both patients and staff. We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you are interested in this position, please reply with your cover letter and resume in the body of your email. No attachments, please.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers