compensation: $19/hr + full health benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Fare Resources is a new kind of food management company. Our values-driven food programs are built upon smart design, responsible food and empowered people. We are shifting the way people eat at schools, companies and institutions.
We are rethinking standards for compensation and benefits, onboarding, learning and development, fun, and lots of other things. Every full-time employee receives health insurance, generous paid sick and vacation leave and delicious food daily. We create food rooted in health and simplicity, using ingredients from local farms.
The Prep Cook participates in the execution of daily breakfast, lunch and dinner service by supporting the culinary team. The Prep Cook will perform basic prep skills, monitor inventory and assist in creation of all craft items, including in-house sauces, condiments, etc.
- Daily execution of hot and cold food prep, salad bar and grab & go production
- Assist in the receiving and proper storage of all orders/inventory
- Assist in completing opening and closing duties
- Ensures time, temperature, and labeling standards are achieved
- 2+ years experience in a formal kitchen environment with a passion for food and people
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills, local and seasonal ingredients and diverse cooking styles and cultures
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, communication and patience
- Attendance and punctuality is required with schedule flexibility determined by needs
- Ability to be a self-sufficient problem solver and make sound decisions on-the-fly
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Basic ServSafe certification
Monday to Friday from 12pm to 8:30pm
Benefits and Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plan and stock
- Free daily meals and opportunity to develop your skills, work with amazing people and do good
Please send email to email@example.com with 1) why you are interested in the job and 2) summary of work experience or resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers