Oaktown Spice Shop opened in December 2011 in the Lake Merritt neighborhood of Oakland. Every day since then, we have been dedicated to selling only the freshest and highest quality spices. We help people with everyday cooking and baking needs while also catering to some of the Bay Area's top chefs and bartenders.
Whether you're cooking at work or making cocktails for a dinner party at your home, we aim to enhance your experience through our expertise and service.
We opened our second retail shop location at 1224 Solano Ave. in Albany in November 2017.
We are looking for a warm, creative and hard working person committed to our mission of delivering the best quality with the highest level of hospitality. We believe teamwork and a natural desire to be of service are two of the cornerstones of our success. Passion about food and spices is a must.
With an expanding brick-and- mortar presence and a growing online shop, a job at Oaktown offers an opportunity to grow with a prominent Bay Area-favorite local shop. The ideal candidate is looking for a position with longevity.
This position will be located at our Oakland shop.
- Fill and label spice jars and bags, create gift boxes and spice kits with accuracy and attention to detail
- Provide enthusiastic and knowledgeable customer service
- Educate customers on spices and how to use them
- Operate the register
- Restock shelves
- Maintain a clean environment in the shop
- Pack orders for shipping
- Open and/or close the shop for the day
- Passion for food and cooking
- Food-related work experience preferred
- Good organization and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to carry out instructions provided in written or oral form
- AVAILABILITY TO WORK SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS IS REQUIRED
- Availability to work from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas Eve
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment and willingness to take on additional tasks with a positive attitude to help out the team
- Ability to use reasoning and logic to solve problems
- Follow food handling and sanitation requirements
- Commitment to quality and cleanliness
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Occasionally requires the ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours
This is a part-time, hourly position (up to 30 hours per week). We offer benefits including sick time, matching retirement savings and an employee discount.
Please reply with a cover letter and resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers