compensation: $23/hr + full health benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Fare Resources is a new kind of food management company. Our values-driven food programs are built upon smart design, responsible food and empowered people. We are shifting the way people eat at schools, companies and institutions.
We are rethinking standards for compensation and benefits, onboarding, learning and development, fun, and lots of other things. Every full-time employee receives health insurance, generous paid sick and vacation leave and delicious food daily. We create food rooted in health and simplicity, using ingredients from local farms.
The Lead Line Cook will support the Executive Chef (EC) and Chef De Cuisine (CDC) in executing catered meals (breakfast/lunch/dinner) for companies in the Bay Area and overseeing the commissary where we produce all food. The Lead Line Cook will lead daily food production, prep lists and manage the kitchen team. The Lead Line Cook will help to upkeep and improve kitchen systems and organization. This person will participate in menu planning, creating daily rotating menus born out of food creativity, effective product utilization and seasonality.
- Leads preparation and execution of breakfast/lunch/dinner
- Leads production schedule and identifies/implements production efficiencies in the kitchen
- Leads and develops kitchen team
- Ensures kitchen is regularly cleaned and maintained in adherence to the Board of Health's policies
- Oversees Cooks and Dishwashers on a daily basis
- Supports menu development
- Supports EC and CDC with weekly ordering
- Works with EC and CDC to uphold and improve kitchen systems
- Develops and implements training systems and methods with EC for all BOH staff
- Communicates with EC, CDC and FOH team to ensure quality and quantity standards are being maintained
- 3+ years experience as a restaurant/commissary Chef with a passion for food & people
- Strong understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills, local and seasonal ingredients, diverse cooking styles, cultures, producers and farms
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, professionalism, communication and patience
- Fun to be around, hungry to grow within a startup, organized and disciplined
- Basic computer skills (docs, spreadsheets, google docs, etc.)
- Manager level ServSafe certification
AM Lead Line Cook: Monday to Friday from 6am to 2:30pm
PM Lead Line Cook: Monday to Friday from 11am to 8pm
Benefits and Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plan and stock
- Free daily meals and opportunity to develop your skills, work with amazing people and do good
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 1) why you are interested in the job and 2) summary of work experience or resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers