At Oaktown Spice Shop, we offer customers the freshest, most delicious, high-quality spices and hand-mixed spice blends in the Bay Area. Our apothecary-style shop feels authentic and unique, with a focus on the craft of great food, adding to customers’ enjoyment of the shopping experience and increasing their enjoyment of home cooking. For our wholesale and restaurant customers, we also provide quicker and more responsive service than our competitors. Our staff members’ love of cooking and spices creates a personal, expert-inspired experience that helps our customers discover what remarkable dishes to make for dinner in a fun and enriching way.
The Production Supervisor works with the Operations Manager to oversee our production team in our Albany shop. The Production Supervisor is a “player-coach” who will spend around 75% of their time working with their team on production. We believe teamwork and a natural desire to be of service are two of the cornerstones of our success. We want people to feel great working here, so we need a capable and culture-driven leader to help us accomplish this goal. You’ll ensure that preparation and packaging of spices goes smoothly and efficiently by monitoring employees and organizing workflows. You’ll partner with the Operations Manager to build effective and efficient production processes.
The Production Supervisor would work during the night shift from 3:30 pm - 12 am (midnight), five days a week.
KEY DUTIES (may include, but are not limited to):
- Create a culture of trust and hard work where no problem is unsolvable and people feel proud every day of what they’ve accomplished.
- Delegate assignments to Production Associates on a daily basis, assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules.
- Collaborate and communicate with the Retail team as needed on ongoing production projects.
- Participate in production tasks along with the team.
- Inspect progress of Production Associates’ assignments daily.
- Train new Production Associates and seasonal Production Associates.
- Ensure products are properly packed and shipped in a timely manner.
- Ensure Production Associates perform inspections for each production run in accordance with quality control standards and order requirements.
- Ensure complete documentation of production runs on appropriate paperwork as required.
- Report equipment malfunctions to appropriate individuals, and complete minor repairs as needed.
- Ensure materials required for production are available, and order materials as needed.
- Manage personnel related matters of Production Associates as needed.
- Enforce safety practices, including food safety, health, COVID-19 precautions, and occupational safety.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school degree or equivalent
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to develop and motivate a team
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to work weekends, evenings and holidays and adhere to a blackout period from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas Eve
- Seeks out feedback and is excited about self-growth and improvement within the context of the job
- Resourceful problem-solver and strong ability to resolve issues in the moment
- Ability to use a computer and a digital scale with accuracy
- Familiarity with units of weight and measurement
- Food-related work experience
- Experience as a production supervisor
- Passion for food and cooking
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires the ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours
- Ability to distinguish different tastes, colors and smells
Full-time: This is a full-time, hourly position. We offer benefits including health insurance, dental, sick time, paid time off and matching retirement savings.
Please reply with a resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers