compensation: $20/hr + full benefits and equity in the company employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Fare Resources is a new kind of food management company. Our values-driven food programs are built upon smart design, responsible food and empowered people. We are shifting the way people eat at schools, companies and institutions.
We are rethinking standards for compensation and benefits, onboarding, learning and development, fun, and lots of other things. Every full-time employee receives health insurance, generous paid sick and vacation leave and delicious food daily. We create food rooted in health and simplicity, using ingredients from local farms.
The Catering Server will run daily meal service at our corporate catering clients. This position will perform all front of house duties including daily meal service set-up and break down, restocking of snacks and beverages, and maintain a clean service environment. This role will be asked to cross-train in culinary positions/techniques as needed to contribute to the success of this small team.
There are opportunities to drive the food from our kitchen and then serve that will broaden the types of shifts that you able to take.
- Setup and breakdown of daily meal services and all other points of service
- Help uphold Fare Resources hospitality standards
- Restocking and organizing all snacks and beverages
- Replenish service line and answer questions throughout service
- Be a friendly face and host within all office kitchen areas
- Create an authentic connection with our client community
- Maintain a clean and organized work/service environment
- Help with signage for all offerings
- Assist with maintaining pars for snacks and beverages
- Monitor time and temperature of food for safety/sanitation purposes
- Assist in the food transportation to and from the onsite delivery dock to client office
Typical schedule is Monday through Friday with hours dependent on the service (breakfast/lunch/dinner) that you manage
- 2+ years experience in a professional kitchen or hospitality environment with a passion for food & people
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, communication and patience
- Attendance & punctuality is required with schedule flexibility determined by needs
- Ability to be self-sufficient & make sound decisions on-the-fly
- Understanding & knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Valid CA Drivers Licence
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Preferred: Basic computer skills (docs, spreadsheets, google docs, etc.)
- Preferred: Good knowledge of local products, producers and farms
- Basic ServSafe certification
Benefits and Perks
- Above-market salary / wages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Stock in the company
- Free daily meals
- Opportunity to develop your skills, work with amazing people and change the world
Please send email to email@example.com with 1) why you are interested in the job and 2) summary of work experience or resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers