organización sin ánimo de lucro remuneración: $16.95 per hour plus comprehensive benefits package tipo de empleo: tiempo completo
QR Code Link to This Post
As an Independent Living Services (ILS) Instructor, you will provide case management support and skills development, working one-on-one with people with developmental disabilities who live on their own. You will support them to reach their personal goals of independence and community participation and inclusion. Positions are available throughout Alameda County, including Oakland, Berkeley, and San Leandro.
This job is a good way to gain experience in the non-profit sector, social work, social services or case management. We seek people who want to make a difference in the lives of others and are both gifted teachers and teachable themselves. ILS Instructors must be able to deliver respectful, motivating, personal social services that enable our clients to participate in all aspects of their community.
Responsibilities and Duties
ILS Instructors provide case management and support adults with autism and other developmental disabilities. ILS Instructors empower and enable people with developmental disabilities to live in their own homes and participate in all aspects of their community. They teach life skills in a motivating, personalized, and professional environment.
ILS Instructors receive training to support clients with:
- Money management
- Medical, dental and medication management
- Basic cooking and meal preparation
- Utilizing public transportation
- Locating affordable housing
- Obtaining and maintaining benefits such as Social Security, Medi-Cal, Medicare, etc.
- Community and social awareness
- Household maintenance
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in human services, social services, social work, case management, or non-profit sector
- Experience working with people with disabilities a plus
- Committed to the philosophy of individualized services, independence, and community inclusion
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both as a team and independently
- Has a reliable vehicle, auto insurance and be willing to DRIVE OWN CAR (mileage reimbursement offered)
Benefits and Perks
This position pays $16.95 per hour plus comprehensive benefits. Employee benefits include (but are not limited to): medical coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, 403(b) retirement plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, commuter benefits, counseling benefits, financial coaching, an Educational Assistant Fund, and membership in the Service Employees International Union Local 1021. We also offer ongoing paid staff training in multiple areas.
Established in 1994, East Bay Innovations (EBI) is a nonprofit human services organization that supports people with developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, autism, and cerebral palsy. Our person centered services support people to live in their own homes, make choices about how they live, work in jobs of their choosing, and enjoy being part of their communities. We seek to further the human rights and empowerment of people with disabilities seeking to lead lives of meaning as part of their communities. We hire people who care about social justice and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
How to Apply
Click here to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
Solo empresas. Si eres un intermediario, por favor, no contactes al anunciante.
NO contactarnos por servicios u ofertas no solicitados