QR Code Link to This Post
Are you in love with ABA and ready to take your career to the next level? Discover Hope is looking to hire a passionate Senior Behavior Therapist to join our supportive and empowering team!
At Discover Hope, our mission is to inspire pivotal growth and hope in the lives of children, their families, our community, and our team. We provide in home behavioral health treatment using the methodology of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). We offer:
- Intensive and ongoing training and support to teach you how to be work effectively and confidently with children with Autism
- Ability to work with a growing demographic of children and teaching them communication, social, safety, and play skills, as well as appropriate behaviors in their home or community setting.
- Flexible part-time hours to work around your busy schedule.
- Related experience for those in college studying psychology, counseling, or joining the medical or education field.
- Confidence of knowing you are making a difference in the life of a young child.
- A fun, supportive, and caring work environment, characterized by integrity and humility, which enables us to provide excellent services to our clients.
Discover Hope is proud to be recognized as one of the "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" in both 2016, 2017, AND 2018! Are you ready to love where you work, feel cared for, and really make a difference in your community? Apply today!
About the Position
- You'll use research-based, proven principles of ABA to promote:
- Communication skills
- Social skills
- Independent living skills
- Behaviors that will empower a child's ability to live a happy, successful, and independent life
- Competitive compensation, depending on education and ABA experience
- Paid training and drive time
- Flexible, part-time hours:
- 3-7:30pm Monday - Friday
- 9am-3pm Saturday
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional development to become a Board Certified Autism Technician (BCAT), Case Manager, Board Certified Behavior Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA), Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), Clinical Director
- At least one year of experience providing direct ABA
- RBT/BCAT certification preferred
- Have a minimum of a High School Diploma/ GED
- Interest in pursuing Psychology, Education, Health, or a related field is preferred
- Passionate about about helping others and making the world a better place
- You must love working with children, be able to take initiative, and work independently
- You must be able to sit on the floor, squat, kneel, run around, and lift materials
- Possess a driver's license with reliable transportation and auto insurance for driving to clients' homes
- Be CPR and First Aid certified (preferred)
- Have TB test, MMR, and Varicella vaccination