cylinders: 8 cylinders drive: rwd fuel: gas odometer: 158000 title status: clean transmission: manual
QR Code Link to This Post
Three cars for sale.
(2) bmw e23 one 3.8L MetricMechamic built main machine other parts car etc. This deal is going to be better than any e23(s) short of some crazy bring a trailer unicorn.
(1) 2002 corvette manual 6MT 450whp tick performance cam stage 3 etc. Detailed below.
The two driver centric running cars need nothing unless next owner wants to repair the cons.
Can work a package deal for all 3 cars.
Read whole ad please before any serious inquiries as it covers everything possible. Want to sell both bmw E23 cars as a pair with a full getrag 5 speed manual parts car with the manual parts/drive train disassembled so you could swap it into any other of similar vintage BMW rightaway. These items are worth thousands in part offs.
Original owner has done the swap/build order from Metric Mechanic labeled: 3900 hiflo - build (effectively 3.8L and entire drivetrain/transmission/diff etc. over $12k ). Has Dinan suspension (shocks,springs,swaybars.) Have documents from from Metric Mechanic, and most recent maintenance done by BMW shop BrykoMotoring can confirm. More info of their m30 motor build packages can be acquired by looking into/contacting Metric Mechanic.
MM/Dinan car: I'm guessing approximately ~330k mi total but motor/drivetrain/transmission much newer. Salvage title. Previous owner mentions damage from parking lot speeds to front headlights from original owner. Have pictures of Pre-euro swap from when first purchased upon request.
Parts car: Clean title. 15xxxx odo. Has a getrag 5 speed w/ new slave/cmc etc. have documents of refreshed parts. Not running, good parts car with motor. Has new water pump. Worth over a thousand in parts. Most parts removed and stored.
Cons: Other than listed here everything else in good working order.
- Rust: behind rear window vent sills, slight gash on driver fender, underpart of trunk lid, and behind some doors. Key points does not have rust.
- No AC
- Cluster: Following does not work on cluster itself * Odometer: Stuck at 277k since purchase, Probably at 330k now. 8-12k miles a year for few years than down to an estimate of 4-6k a year.
* Temp gauge: Relocated with VDO gauge and is working
* Fuel gauge not accurate: OBC is accurate. I use the range approximate mile values to gas up or gas up weekly/bi weekly.
- Rear left window does not work but can be manually rolled. Happened recently.
- Sunroof motor does not work but can be manually rolled.
- Paint beginning to fade on roof and trunk.
- Burns a little bit of oil at the high rpm/wot and needs to run on 91 octane due to build & higher compression.
- Passenger side front and rear door handles broken/missing. Car can still be entered/opened from outside and central locking system.
- Driver door lock cylinder is broken. Car can still lock via new central locking module.
Recent maintenance done. I do what I can but mostly will take to Bryko Motoring in Hayward for work done and they have documentations as well if needed.
- New driver side window guide I put this in few months ago. Had to wait from Germany.
- Crank position sensor - did few years ago was causing a no start once in a blue moon.
- Skid plate within past few years due to oil pan being the lowest point of the car, I cracked the old one on something on the road.
- All 4 fenders rolled flat and body lines not disturbed no cracks.
Bryko Motoring has done the following maintenance request within late summer of 2019.
- All new fluids brakes,diff,trans,clutch,coolant. Redline fluids were used except for BMW oem coolant and kendall 20/50 oil for zinc (good for these motors of this vintage). Another oil change was done 10/30/19 with Supertech 20w/50(recommended by a veteren on e28.net). I have always used 20w/50 as it is said to provide the proper protection for these older m30 motors.
- New oil pan with gasket
- Differential serviced/resealed
- Front new meyle control arms (4)
- Valve adjustment
- Dinan suspension package bilstein - shocks/dinan springs/dinan swaybars
- 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust all the way back to borla muffler and single walled dual tips. I had this done within a week of buying the car.
- 3.8L 3900 hiflo metric mechanic motor. This motor package includes bored out stock headers/intake manifold. M5 crank shaft, specified super water pump by Jim from Metric Mechanic etc.
- Can pass smog normally with a regular aftermarket and/or cat.
- " Transmission Metric Mechanic Ultimate " Entirely rebuilt unit with good gear ratios for quicker acceleration and still providing good economy.
- Metric Mechanic 3.42 LSD
- 3" accordian/ribbed intake tube with universal drop in filter. This car has always passed visual/smog legally. Could go for a smoother pipe for power gain I imagine.
- 20mm/25mm front and rear spacers on 2 piece bbs rc090 style 5 wheels has some curb on all 4 not bad. 235/45/17 michelin super sport all season tires are practically brand new and have tons of tread.
- Fenders rolled all around, no paint crack/chip.
Metric Mechanic drive train package has the touted OEM reliability. Most recent long trip was from east bay to Monterey for rolex vintage show. Other than was daily driven 5x a year for 2 years and past 3-4 were 2-4 days a week split duty. Following regular maintenance protocols/parts.
Interior: Black/Black and excellent condition mostly. 7.5/10, dash cover has always been on but is claimed by previous owner to not have any dash cracks. It does look good, does not creak, and I cannot confirm if no dash cracks is true.
- Rare COARSE SPLINE M-tech steering wheel. These wheels go for over 300-500$ on ebay. The fine spline are significantly cheaper but will not fit the e23 unless you change out the steering shaft to a newer model. Also have original big bus wheel. I do have a clean condition fine spline for sale for 250$ (from a prior later model e24) and a Personal Lesmo wood grain steering wheel (400$+ most websites.)
- E28 M5 seats fully function except knee bolters. The E23 does not have wiring for knee bolsters but can be done, I left them alone up to new owner to do it if they want. Can go over 1500$ a pair.
- Condor speedshop tall shift knob
- Air controls work with progression/gradual movement but no ac.
** I have two pairs of E23 OEM seats. Electric left and right and also manual left and right.
- Subs under the rear seats and amp in the trunk. Will need new sub gauge wire from battery.
- Recently fixed central locking module.
Quirks: I do not rough house anything in the car and I do slow deliberate actions to activate anything to prevent parts from falling off.
-Rolling down multiple windows at a time can cause the window fuse to blow, I suggest one at a time.
Exterior: 6.5/10. Has some rust rot behind some doors/rear ventilation, trunk lid bottom. Paint beginning to fade top and trunk. As previously mentioned and pictured. Swirl marks seen has been said by another 80s BMW owner can be wet sanded off. It's old clear coat issue.
All rare pieces or super limited production
- Euro shark nose (pre facelift) front end with staggered headlights. (Full front end conversions on ebay exceed 1800$)
- Euro front bumper
- Euro rear bumper (euro bumpers as a pair easily go over 1000$ on ebay)
- Motorsport sideskirts and rear valence apron. (I do not think they exist any longer)
** I have a spare set of post facelift valence front euro bumper and rear euro bumper. Euro rear rubber mouldings. Selling separately.
I want to sell with parts car as a pair. Will not part out anything at the moment. If new owner really wants to part every single piece they'd come out with thousands of extra money on top.
Daily driven a few years and became secondary/third car over past 5 years and has been good with no issues that cause it to become incapacitated.
Some cautionary points for BMWs of this vintage and this car in particular
*These BMW of this vintage were not designed to idle/stationary long periods of time or stop in go modern traffic for too long or it CAN lead to overheating. Although due to the hood opening in reverse manner one can prop it open to release hot air at low speeds and can also be closed from inside the car too. (Read up on this, it is true and should
be cautioned.) I have however, been in stop and go traffic on a regular basis almost every day. (Most cars normally are around 200-220 and can be attested by bryko motoring during last coolant change.)
*There are 3 belts and each are sized different than OEM due to metric mechanic using a m5 aftermarket water pump during the build. The belts are not a problem to size up or any competent shop can work with it very easily.
*Pressing multiple windows down/up at same time could cause the window related fuse to blow. Going up/down each individually does not seem to ever have this problem. As mentioned at some point above, suggesting one window at a time.
Parts car info: Most of the the drive train disassembledand also being super rare that it is a manual getrag 5 speed car.
The manual assembly with 3 pedal box alone sells for over 800$. All windows were known to have worked last including sunroof. Pretty much complete car with rear battery relocation. M30 motor does not run, might have been fuel pump or something not too severe as I also drove this fine until it happened.
Odometer in this car also doesn't work but everything else on cluster worked before.
Has a leak during rain that pools in the rear left floor board but no signs of rust rot, minor surface rust at occasional locations and I constantly dry/drain it to prevent it.
8000 / 8k obo including parts car. You will be hard pressed to find any E23 built/outfitted to this degree and can be daily driven reliably.
The following wheels below are also for sale fitting the E23.
Two sets of BBS RZ 469 16x8 +23 (requires spacers to clear rubbing from shock body.)
- Set1: NO curb rash pretty mint on brand new indy 500 firestone 225/50/16 tires. 600$
- Set2: Minor curb on dunlop direzza 225/50/16 maybe can get a few thousand miles off of them but they're getting to be bald but no where near cables yet. 350$
Set3:18x8.5 5x120 +38 1200 obo
Racing Dynamic RGS with expired old tires but 95% tread.
Let me know if any serious questions/inquiries.
Email first, only if serious can go towards phone or text
**CORVETTE C5 MAGNETIC RED 2002 450whp tick performance stage 3 cam**
This was bought as a weekend car but I end up driving it 2-3 days of the week sometimes both to work and on weekends. A few LS7 lifters decided to fail and I've got the head completely rebuilt with new GM Performance 8k+ rpm lifters less than 2k miles ago. Machine work took off .003 as it was good and only needed cleaning. Overall I reckon this car can get to the next decades troublefree other than regular maintenance intervals.
Previous owner did everything except the c5 mufflers with bypass, rebuilt heads w/ new lifters, and hyperflash harness
maintenance and reliability mods:
oil pump etc.
- Huge list, will have a picture below. Take a look at attached.
Pros/Mods: I have not dyno'd it but previous owner has said 450whp and 400wtq.
(full parts listed on spread sheet pictured below)
- tuned on hptuners
-Tick performance stage3 sns cam
-Fast92 intake manifold
-Ls7 throttle body
-Xs power headers to X pipe to 3” pipes factory necked to 2.5 before flanges into 2.5” factory c5 mufflers with muffler bypass pipe (sounds amazing without being obnoxious.) with bigger proper fitting exhaust tips. I also have both z06 titanium flanged axleback sections with no mufflers on them
- Brian Tooley valves
- roller rockers
- Volant dual filter intake
- GM Performance 8K+ rpm lifters
- Tick performance speed bleeder for clutch fluid
Ball joints/control arms
Bc coil overs
Achilles tires with tons of tread life left
Jnc bbs lm replica wheels
18x8 +35 Achilles atk 245 40 18 - I have a spare single front wheel
18x9 +35 Achilles new type 2 275 40 18
URO jacking pucks
350mm steering wheel
Hyper flash harness for regular blinking/hazard patterns due to resistance differential from led bulbs
Sub & crunch amp: Sub/box fits perfectly in trunk cavity. Sub and amp is currently not in car, I also have an Elite Performance heel toe pedal not installed. Too late for me to return the unused pedal for full refund now.
- Oil is less than 1k miles. Burns oil but very slowly, dependent on driving style. Maybe a quart every few thousand?
- Clutch fluid bled and refilled every few thousand (no reason not to do it often as it has a clutch fluid speed bleeder)
- Did a siphon of the PS fluid and replaced with royal purple. Did not flush but siphoned.
- All other fluids less than 15k
- Some paint fade along top and trunk, tint bubbling a little on trunk (Can get a new trunk lid not a bad idea/cost effective). I clayed, buffed, polished but I assume with more aggressive polishing / cutting can bring back the paint life further.
- Targa might have an air leak
- Water can leak onto driver side sill if sat outside during rain, very minimal water none in actual interior. Perhaps the targa can use seal restoring/rehydration or new or readjust the way it seats. Either way fiberglass and sitting water is no problem, also during a drive evacuates over 90% of it leaving a few droplets.
- Previous owner(s) have a chipped off piece on the front left of the front lip, driver fender has a chip off can be seen in the pictures.
- Fuel gauge might not be most accurate thing out there. I fill up when my trip A reads between 150-200 miles which comes out to around 10-15gallons at 15mpg average. Common GM car fueling issue where it clicks off early if not held at the "proper angle".
At this price range why would you want anything else? Will literally blast everything out of the water.
Corvette: By law the following has to be stated to protect seller(me) I’m selling this car for racing use only I am not responsible for smog as this engine has off-road(race) modifications. Buyer will be assuming all responsibility for this vehicle in as is condition.
Email first, only if serious can go towards phone or text
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers