condition: excellent cylinders: 8 cylinders drive: rwd fuel: gas odometer: 132008 paint color: silver title status: clean transmission: manual type: coupe
QR Code Link to This Post
I am selling a silver 1998 C5 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe with a manual 6-speed transmission, painted removeable hard top, and 132k miles. I purchased this vehicle in 2014 with approximately 84k miles and has been my daily driver since. The car has not been raced (drag strip, autocross, track days, etc).
In my time of ownership, the major maintenance items:
- Spark plugs and wires
- Replaced coolant tank
- Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines
- Replaced radiator
- Outer Tie Rod Ends (96k mi)
- Centric brake rotors with Carbotech 1521 brake pads
- Replaced transmission (112k miles)
- Fuel filter (112k miles)
- New Water Pump and thermostat (112k miles)
- Main drive belt (112k miles)
- Driver-side window regulator
- Sway bar end links and bushings
- Mobil 1 oil changes every 5-7k miles, the most recent done at the time of this posting at 132k miles
- New Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (275/35-18 front, 295/35-18 rear)
"Nice to have" items added:
-Forgestar F14 wheels (18x9.5 50mm front, 18x11 54mm rear, in textured black). I have an extra set of F14's in the same size as backup that I will throw in, two need repair while two are in good condition. The wheels are strong and popular track wheels for various cars but I hit a gigantic pothole many years ago. No curb rash (see photos)
-MGW Shift Knob
-Corbeau A4 seats in perfect condition (if you test drive another C5 with stock seats, you will appreciate these)
This car has been daily driven so the car is not a showroom perfect vehicle. I have driven the car to and from SoCal over a dozen times with no issues and even accomplished 32mpg highway on one trip. I have fit a mountain bike in the back with one wheel off. But over the past few years, my commute has gone from 30 minutes to often over 2 hours.
The following is "the bad" and the price has been adjusted accordingly:
- Needs a new AC compressor, the AC drive belt has been removed.
- Rock chips, small underside bumper scrapes, some touch up spots. Otherwise the paint is in good condition
- Two small windshield cracks that have been filled professionally and have held up for 30k+ miles. The larger one is shown in the pictures.
- The shifter boot retention ring is cracked but stays in place, can be seen in the interior pictures above.
- Driver side window control unit has a crack that shows light through when you open the door at night (see pictures). This happened when the driver-side window regulator was replaced and I haven't found a replacement. All of the functions still work
- Driver side window has a scratch at the top of the window
- Minor exhaust rattle at low RPM
I am asking for $9,800 with title in hand located in the tri-valley area. No trades, no low-ball offers. I am not in a rush to sell.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers