condition: excellent cylinders: 4 cylinders drive: rwd fuel: gas odometer: 244500 paint color: silver size: compact title status: clean transmission: manual type: coupe
QR Code Link to This Post
1988 BMW M3 - E30M3
I've owned this vehicle since February 2018 and it now has 244k miles. Purchased from a friend who lives in Salinas.
- Stromung exhaust (brand new and installed under 5k miles ago)
- cloth Recaro front seats. Original seats are included in sale (not in good condition). I'm open to taking the Recaro seats out and lower price by $1500 if buyer doesn't want it.
- the engine was rebuilt in 2011 at approximately 205k miles (car sat for 3 years prior to that)
- factory 15″ split-spoke alloy wheels refinished and mounted with new Dunlop Direzza tires in August 2019. (not even 200 miles on the tires as non stock wheels are on the car right now).
- have the service records going back to 2011.
- factory manuals
- aftermarket stereo (Alpine in-dash CD player, amp, subwoofers, etc) - pics will show
- car has been repainted in it's original color
- resealing the differential and replacing the transmission mounts and giubo was done in September 2018
- In July 2019 the steering rack was rebuilt, and a new oil pan gasket was installed.
- new battery was installed in August 2019
- AC works well
- Bilstein shocks with H&R springs
- resealed the differential and replaced the transmission mounts and giubo in September 2018
- the steering rack is said to have been rebuilt, and a new oil pan gasket was installed in July 2019
I have a lot more pictures than Craigslist will allow me to post so feel free to hit me up if you want to see specific parts.
Car is a great driver. Paint is in very good shape and I'm happy to walk you through every part of the car via Facetime if you wish.
I make sure all my vehicles are well maintained so that they are problem free when driven.
For comparison purposes, refer to this link... https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-m3-94/
Similar car (even color) but with 90k less miles than mine. HOWEVER, that car that just sold for $64K (plus over $3k in auction fees to buyer) doesn't have a rebuilt motor. My motor was rebuilt about 40K miles ago and I even have pics showing compression readings. As you know, rebuilding a S14 motor is not cheap, way upwards of 10K in cost. That said, I feel my price is very good in comparison...
Car is located in Castro Valley, CA. I am very responsive to emails. I'll ignore low ball offers and most of the time won't even reply if you don't put a phone number as I feel one would want to talk to me about this car before buying it.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers