Must include a Resume AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS at the bottom of the job ad in order to be considered for employment.
TOP 3 REASONS YOU WILL LOVE WORKING WITH FIT DOG THEORY
1) WE WILL TRAIN YOU TO BECOME AN AWESOME GROUP WALKER
• Learn how to walk a small group of dogs effortlessly
• Build trusting relationships and bond with your four-legged hiking buddies
2) STAY FIT AND HEALTHY WHILE HAVING FUN OUTDOORS
• Don’t waste your life inside a boring office or retail environment
• Get paid while burning calories, working solo and having fun outdoors with dogs
3) WORK-LIFE BALANCE
• ALL MAJOR HOLIDAYS OFF! NO WORKING WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS OR EVENINGS!
• Good balance of sitting (driving) and walking throughout the day
• Short 3-hour days
• Finish work between 2:30pm to 4:30pm daily
QUICK FACTS ABOUT THE JOB IN A NUTSHELL:
> Days/week: 3 days per week, 3-4 hours per day. NO WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS!
> Time of work: must be available between the hours of 10am and 4:30pm. Will finish between 2:30pm and 4:30pm.
> Hourly pay: $17 per hour.
> Area we service: Walnut Creek, Lafayette, and Pleasant Hill.
> Outdoor job: We are outside walking dogs RAIN or SHINE, in the hot summer months on plush, green, grassy fields and in the rainy cold months on cement trails. Candidate must be happy working outside in all weather conditions and will not get bored or lonely working solo with dogs.
> One-year commitment minimum. This is NOT a summer job.
ABOUT FIT DOG THEORY/ THE JOB:
We are a professional dog walking team that serves Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill and Lafayette, CA. We specialize in on-leash group walks for small, friendly dogs. Each day we take the pack to a dog-friendly location for one hour and take photos and videos of their adventures to send to the clients. Applicants must be fine working solo and will not get lonely or bored sticking to the same trails and routines.The right candidate will have a positive attitude and can take direction from others well with an admirable attitude. This job is very rewarding but is not a physically easy job as it requires lots of walking, driving, bending over, getting your hands dirty, and being patient with the dogs as no dog is perfect.
TO SEE EXACTLY WHAT GROUP WALKS LOOK LIKE VISIT: www.FitDogTheory.com
• ***Must be able to commit to the job for a minimum of ONE YEAR***
• Reliable, presentable car to transport small dogs in. SUV or four-door car. Two door car will not work out. Car must be insured, smogged, have updated tags
• Clean driving record. Must have driven for at least three years minimum.
• At least 5 years of customer service experience
• Own a reliable iPhone 5, or Android 4.2 or newer
• Have either had or have a dog or have worked with dogs before
• Be able to pass a background check because we take our clients security very seriously.
MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES:
• Must love dogs!
• High level of customer service experience in a prior occupation
• Have an abundance of energy, great personality, easy going and stays cool under pressure
• Has quick and well-written communication skills and can follow directions well
• Must be able to walk, run and can lift 40 pounds
• Enjoys being outdoors and walking dogs RAIN OR SHINE and is comfortable with all outdoor conditions such as environments with dirt, mud, poop, and grass
• Patient and respectful with animals, as every dog has their quirks and may not be perfect
Must include a Resume AND Cover Letter in order to be considered for employment. Cover Letter should include:
1) What city you live in.
2) Why did you apply to this job and why do you think you would be the best candidate for this job
3) Your availability and how it will change in the next 12 months
4) Do you have a reliable and presentable 4 door car or SUV?
5) What would you like to learn from this job?
~We look forward to speaking with you! Have a paw-sitive day!~
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities