compensation: $16.50 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Schedule and Salary
Salary: $16.00 per hour
Open Until Filled
Lead Cashier Supervisors develop and supervise Operations cashiers to ensure Oakland Zoo customers receive quick and outstanding service at admission, parking and ride area points of sale. This is achieved by having a complete understanding of Point of Sale (POS) and Credit Card systems and supporting the Cashier team at every training level. In addition, Lead Cashier Supervisors are responsible for processing all Group Service admissions by confirming all adult/child counts, processing group(s),and confirming all payments to cashiers. Lead Cashier Supervisors are trained to work as Cashiers in needed situations. Office responsibilities include the daily maintenance of several Microsoft excel/word spreadsheets and completion and confirmation of all daily Operations deposits as well as confirming the daily attendance. Lead Cashier Supervisors uphold the mission and values established by the East Bay Zoological Society (the "Zoo") and adhere to policies and procedures as set forth by the Zoo.
1. Assure cashiers are providing excellent customer service on a regular basis.
2. Assure assigned admission, parking and ride ticket work stations are properly staffed and operational at scheduled opening and closing times. In the event of employee call offs and/or no-shows,possess ability to contact and secure replacements.
3. Maintain business excel and word spreadsheets. Adhere to department financial plans and budgets.
4. Assist customers with special services;i.e. gift certificate purchases, large group reservations, purchase orders,etc.
5. Reconcile all cash drawers and safe counts; prepare bank deposits.
6. Keep department office stocked with appropriate supplies; change; register/receipt tape, bags, etc.
7. Monitor staff to include rest breaks, meal-breaks, training, schedules, and answer questions, etc.
8. Monitor and adhere to all cash handling policies and procedures.
9. Follow all guidelines and procedures outlined in department training manuals as set forth by the Senior Manager of Operations.
10. Demonstrate superior customer service with customers, both internal (i.e. co-workers) andexternal (vendors, visitors, customers, etc).
11. Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, the East Bay Zoological Society's mission, vision,value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions,confidentiality standards, and the code of behavior.
12. Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
· Mathematical skills including accuracy with numbers and money
· Supervisory skills
· Customer service expertise
· Trustworthy and dependable
· Work with little or no supervision
· Organizational skills
Able to bend, twist, lift, sit, kneel, walk, stoop, and stand regularly for long periods of time
High School Degree.
AA degree in Accounting, Business or a related field preferred.
Education requirement waived with adequate previous experience as cashier, supervisory skills, and required training.
Preferred two (2) years progressive experience in an accounting or numbers environment with at leastone year of supervisory experience.
Please note that this job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed the people or person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of the personnel for this position. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant, and personnel may be required to perform duties beyond this list or outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time or as needed.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers