QR Code Link to This Post
Located in Walnut Creek, we are a privately held, 50+ year old investment, development, and property management firm. We operate a diversified portfolio of office buildings, multi-family apartments, retail shopping centers, industrial complexes, self-storage properties, hotels, and land developments in multiple states. Our philosophy of embracing each client’s specific real estate investment objectives and our depth and experience as owners gives a high level of satisfaction and peace of mind that we manage client property as if it were our own. Our company is team-oriented and high energy. We provide a professional work environment with an upbeat and positive group. We are currently seeking an experienced Forward Planning Manager to join our dynamic team.
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Design and Construction, the Director of Forward Planning contributes to the overall success of the organization by directing the land planning and entitlement function for Hall Equities Group in multiple states. The Director of Forward Planning is primarily responsible for projects immediately after purchase approval. This individual manages and directs all specialized planning functions for new development proposals and environmental studies. He or She monitors and ensures compliance with local, state and federal laws including serving as liaison and performing all necessary functions as directed by the Planning Commission.
- Research and develop project schedules, concept plans, parcel summary, and budgets for use in development projects.
- Monitor all purchases and expenses to ensure cost effectiveness and compliance with budget.
- Manage all project team members and outside project consultants including architecture, civil engineering, landscape architecture, soils engineering, toxic analysis, and EIR in preparation of required construction applications.
- Work with management to develop a checklist of what must go in to an application.
- Negotiate with government agencies to secure approval of General Plan Amendments, Zoning Changes, Tentative Maps, CEQA certification, Design Review, and other discretionary approvals.
- Review survey/title, ordinance and zoning issues and evaluate the overall technical, political, and financial feasibility of a potential project.
- Negotiate contracts for services to be performed by outside consultants, including architects, civil engineers, landscape architects, soils engineers, and political consultants.
- Obtain parcel map and research surrounding areas to establish ownership of surrounding parcels for presentation of project concepts as needed.
- Technical report preparation and presentation; submitting all routine reports in a timely manner
- Meet with brokers, land sellers, consultants, title companies and public officials to move projects forward.
- Maximize the Company’s image in the communities in which it operates through positive interactions with various business and governmental officials.
- Special projects and any other necessary tasks required to complete job duties, including weekend and evening meetings as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, Real Estate Development, Construction Management or a related field.
- Five years or more experience in the residential development industry.
- Five years or more experience in community entitlement process; experience negotiating with public agencies.
- Thorough knowledge of urban planning and development and local government policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of specialization such as housing, zoning, historic preservation, and economic development.
- Must be innovative, detail-oriented, experienced in highly visible/controversial projects.
- Must be capable of managing multiple, high-priority assignments.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret research data for reports and apply mathematical techniques in practical situations.
- Ability to provide effective supervision and staff management.
- Strong ability to engage constituents at all levels.
- Must have strong budgeting procedures and techniques.
- Must be highly organized with superior written and communication skills.
- Ability to manage projects effectively and meet firm deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop good working relationships at various levels and to resolve concerns.
- Must have strong reading comprehension to understand technical and legal materials.
- Must have advanced MS Excel, Word, and Outlook proficiency.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401(k), bonuses, health care, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Principals only, no phone calls please.
It is the policy of Hall Equities Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.