almennyttig organisation ansættelsestype: fuldtids kompensation: Competitive compensation DOE
QR Code Link to This Post
Aspire Education Project of Oakland, California seeks an Executive Director with a blend of educational experience and entrepreneurial spirit to take this growing organization to new heights.
Aspire Education Project was founded as a nonprofit in the fall of 2005 in order to bring high-quality supplementary academic support to students who do not readily have access to private tutoring. We provide academic tutoring and standardized test preparation to students in their homes and in partnership with other organizations. We also run a regional peer-mentoring literacy program called Community Reading Buddies.
Aspire Education Project has tripled in budget size and programmatic reach over the past five years. Currently, Aspire Education Project is seeking transformational leadership that will enable it to grow as an organization while maintaining its core values. The ideal candidate will be bold and creative, with strong development and operational skills, deep cultural competency, and a passion for pedagogy and equity.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1) Marketing, Sales and Outreach: The ED will serve as the "face" of Aspire Education Project, speaking, writing, and organizing in order to bring resources to bear on the needs and potential of young people, and to build the organization's credibility as a force in developing that potential. The ED will expand the impact of Aspire Education Project by locating and leveraging available resources to address the needs of underserved students. The ED will be responsible for establishing and growing strong partnerships with schools and other potential partners in areas ranging from funding to program delivery to evaluation.
2) Program Operations and Administration: The ED will be responsible for the overall management of Aspire Education Project's programs to ensure consistent, high quality delivery of service. These responsibilities include budgeting, staffing, systems maintenance and integration, and managing day-to-day operations of an organization of 3-4 admin staff and 45+ tutors.
The ED will lead on the recruitment and integration of all admin-level staff. The ED will also have responsibility for semi-monthly payroll, and ensure that Aspire's tax filings are complete, timely, and accurate.
3) Development: the ED will nurture a fledgling development program for an organization that has historically relied heavily on earned income. This will involve trailblazing and relationship-building efforts with individuals, corporations, and foundations to raise awareness and funds necessary for growth.
The ED will manage all grants and donations from solicitation to reporting, and also lead on all requisite communications to donors and institutional funders.
4) Strategy and Finance: The ED will work with the board to set impact goals for the organization, develop strategic plans to achieve those goals, and execute the plans. The ED will work closely with board members to achieve a strategic expansion of the body. The ED will prepare regular financial reports for the board tracking specific KPIs, as well as lead on data-gathering and reporting in response to special board requests or projects.
The ideal candidate will possess most, if not all, of the following skills and experience:
• Experience as an entrepreneurial leader and/or as a manager of growing organizations.
• Minimum of three years of experience launching and expanding programs and managing people, preferably in a nonprofit or social enterprise.
• Experience with fundraising and revenue management. The ED will have experience soliciting donations, writing grants, and increasing earned revenue. Knowledge of the Bay Area / California donor base preferred.
• Autonomy: The ED will be comfortable prioritizing tasks in a resource-constrained environment and will be a flexible problem-solver, good at striking a balance between innovation and continuity, deliberation and action, independence and collaboration.
• Deep cultural competencies: The ED must be a culturally competent leader, eager to learn, open to diversity, willing to thoroughly listen, and capable of working closely with people from different backgrounds.
• Vivid communication: The ED will represent Aspire Education Project in many different settings--from a funder's office to City Hall, from the school hallway to a partnering organization's playground to a neighborhood meeting. He or she must be able to listen well and hone in on what is important, as well as to succinctly and compellingly present the work and mission of Aspire Education Project in diverse settings. The ED should be a clear writer and a comfortable public speaker.
• Strong management and administrative skills: The ED will need to be well organized and able to prioritize and manage effectively given ambitious goals, evolving plans and uncertain resources. The ED should have applicable experience in developing and managing annual budgets in excess of $700K, and be comfortable playing various managerial roles as needed in the mid-expansion phases of a growing program.
• Passion for Aspire Education Project's mission and goals: The ED should display a clear, authentic connection with the needs Aspire Education Project addresses. Experience in education or youth programs highly valued.
• Technological competency: Experience with, or interest and ability to quickly learn Quickbooks, Salesforce, and other CRM tools required. Prior mastery of MS Office tools required.
• Education: Bachelor's Degree required. The ideal candidate preferably will have an advanced degree (MBA or MA) in a related field such as education or management.
Compensation: competitive, based on experience
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, vacation, and after one year, matched retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis, starting immediately. Aspire anticipates holding phone interviews in December and in-person interviews in January. Position to become available in February 2019.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Kun ledende personer. Job-hververe, kontakt venligst ikke denne jobudbyder.
kontakt os IKKE med uønskede tjenester eller tilbud