compensation: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. We also offer an extensive benefits package including full health, vision, and dental, LTD, AD, a profit sharing plan and 401(k). employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Tax services provided by the firm include international tax planning, transfer pricing, multi-state tax consulting, general tax return compliance, and tax provisions. As the firm has grown, we also have a need for additional personnel focused with providing partnership and individual tax services.
We offer a close knit startup-like environment catering to tax professionals desiring a challenging workplace but without the administrative chores, budget constraints, and chargeable hour goals. Compensation is based on experience and is competitive with the industry.
The Tax Manager role requires tax consulting experience and the skills to effectively diagnose clients’ needs in order to develop and implement solutions. Primary responsibilities involve tax compliance, tax accounting, tax research and planning projects for sophisticated clientele. Experience in U.S. federal, international, state and local tax and tax provision is desired in this role. We will build upon your technical strengths in order to grow your expertise in other tax areas. Our firm builds well-rounded tax experts to serve a myriad of client needs which leads to continued professional growth. Our culture is to develop trusted tax advisors with sound judgement with the highest ethical standards in the profession. The Tax Manager will be responsible for a range of projects including:
- Responsibility for advising clients on a wide range of tax matters related to the operation and disposition of corporate business operations.
- Effectively manage teams, review work papers completed by staff and ensure proper and timely completion of client projects.
- Manage and coordinate income tax compliance, research and planning, and special projects.
- Manage and review the preparation of all U.S. federal, state, and local income tax returns and international tax forms.
- Manage the preparation and review of the quarterly and year-end tax provision and related financial statements.
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to gather corporate tax information, analyze this information and report it to client.
- Accurately determine and report clients’ parent and affiliate company taxable income.
- Determine and monitor estimated income tax payments to minimize clients’ federal and state income taxes.
- Identify, develop, and implement timely federal, international, state, and local tax planning strategies in order to effectively enhance clients’ tax position.
- Provide well-written and documented conclusions for tax positions recommended to clients.
- Proactively identify areas for process improvements and implement solutions to streamline tax processes.
- Prepare tax research, planning, compliance, and documentation required for tax filings and tax audits.
- Monitor and analyze proposed and newly enacted tax legislation and regulations and communicate relevant information to clients.
The Tax Manager role requires a minimum of five to ten years tax experience with a solid working knowledge of corporate, partnership and individual taxation. A BS/BA in Accounting, a CPA and/or MST required. Due to the continued growth of this tax practice, the firm will consider candidates with a wide range of tax experience including federal, state, local, international tax compliance and research, and tax provision and tax audits. This opportunity is ideal for individuals with Big Four, national or regional firm experience; or combined public accounting and corporate experience. Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word with tax software experience highly desirable.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers