Axis Community Health is a nonprofit community health center that is growing rapidly in response to the exciting changes that are occurring in the healthcare arena. Axis Community Health has served the Pleasanton, Livermore, and Dublin area since 1972. Our services include medical care, mental health counseling, behavioral health, and WIC nutrition services for Tri- Valley residents.
We would love for you to apply to join us on our mission to provide quality, affordable, accessible and compassionate health care services that promote the well-being of all members of the community.
Under the general supervision of the Chief Administrative Officer, the Senior Benefits Specialist works with the Human Resources (HR) team to support HR programs. This position is responsible for ensuring that the Company’s benefits administration process complies with all applicable state, local and federal regulations. The Senior Benefits Specialist oversees the implementation and maintenance of all benefits functions, payroll, and administers all health benefits plans. This position will be the point of contact for all employees and benefits providers.
• Protects company operations by keeping company/human resources information confidential. Protects the best interests of the company in accordance with government laws and regulations.
• Oversee and administers the employee benefits program including enrollment, processing changes, maintaining records, filing claims, coordinating open enrollments, claims resolution, COBRA management, auditing, terminating staff, reconciling invoices from benefit plan providers, and communicating benefits information to staff.
• Oversee process, track and monitor all request for leaves of absence. Ensure that all medical payments are received as needed. Ensuring that all communication is sent to employee within required time frames.
• Oversee and administers continuing education and tuition reimbursement program.
• Conducts all exit meetings and ensures that all documentation is processed and filed.
• Set up and maintain online systems, including update of plan designs, forms, and company information for new and renewal clients; confirm rates based on final underwriting approval and cost share.
• Establish and manage the carrier connections process, initiate the process with vendors and carriers, monitor the full process to completion and correct any complications that might occur during the transition.
• Analyze on-line systems and develop specific process recommendations for review.
• Perform all ACA reporting and compliance for all employees. File necessary annual reporting; maintain records and reports to comply with federal and state guidelines.
• Collect benefit plan and rate information, understand full benefit package quickly, and effectively communicate those plans to staff.
• Test enrollment systems for accuracy based on the plan/rate information, update plan, and rate information in systems directly as needed. Conduct enrollment audits on request and research enrollment errors in the enrollment system.
• Perform input of payroll, as well as prepare related requisitions for withholding, annuities, benefits, etc. Perform electronic deposit function; reconciles payroll ensuring accuracy of submission. Ensure that all monies are received by the appropriate agencies before the prescribed deadlines.
• Monitor that the preparation and completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual federal and state payroll and accounting reports, including W-2’s.
• Process all termination or manual checks and oversee ‘live’ check distribution.
• Process all adjustments, bonuses, PTO cash outs, cell reimbursements and CME hours/reimbursements.
• Processes (via employee self service) W-4 and other tax payment/withholding forms.
• Reconcile/audit benefit invoices and process associated adjustments.
• Maintains an audit trail of documents and records.
• Ensures proper authorization on employee expense reports.
• Responsible for adherence to the controls as outlined in the fiscal/HR policies.
• Processes payrolls bi-weekly.
• Manages the Payroll in-box and works with and/or responds to inquiries from departmental managers and directors for any payroll issues.
• Assists with governmental and CPA audits.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines.
• Provides primary consultative support and assistance to supervisors, applicants and employees with questions about benefits, and other related HR processes.
• Provide general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms and reports, arranging meetings, processing confidential reports and documents, tracking deadlines, and taking down minutes as needed.
• Assist in the development and administration of new programs and projects.
• Provide backup assistance to the HR Team and Facilities as needed.
• Maintain employee file records up-to-date at all times by handling changes in employee status in a timely manner.
• Attend all required and approved meetings and training.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• • Strong understanding of full-cycle payroll system.
• ADP experience required.
• Ability to assemble and compile pertinent data and prepare statistical reports.
• Ability to perform mathematical computations rapidly and accurately.
• Has strong working knowledge of benefits programs; 403(b), medical/vision/dental plans, FSA, Affordable Care Act, ADA, FMLA, CFRA, PDL and disability programs.
• Good understanding of labor related California and federal laws, reporting and human resources practices and principles.
• Must be professional and able to maintain confidentiality with the capability of communicating sensitive or confidential issues with the utmost discretion.
• Demonstrated enthusiasm, drive, and energy in building internal and external partnerships and promoting Axis in a professional manner.
• Excellent writing, business communication, editing, and proofreading skills.
• Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, or unexpected events. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, no-frills environment.
• Must be able to be at work on time, follow instructions, and use feedback to improve performance.
• Must be a dynamic self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently or in a group setting.
• Must have good computer skills using Microsoft Office and ability to use Axis management systems. Must be able to use office equipment (i.e. copier, fax, telephone, computer etc.). Ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM.
• Highly organized, detail and deadline oriented with high level of accuracy in work produced.
• Bachelors Degree in related field, or equivalent education combined with experience.
• Minimum of three years administering benefits and payroll working experience.
• Employer paid health, dental, and vision benefits to the employee.
• Option to participate in a 403(B) retirement plan with employer matching contribution.
• Partial educational reimbursement.
• 11 paid holidays.
• Accrued paid time off with each pay period.
• Employee discount programs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Work is normally performed in a typical office work environment. While performing the responsibilities of this position, the individual is required to have ambulatory skills sufficient to visit various parts of the organization. Requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30lbs. Requires sitting and standing for extensive periods of time, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other equipment for extended periods of time. Travel to other Axis health centers and other local travel will be required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Axis Community Health is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us for assistance. Link to "EEO is Law" poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf As part of our hiring process Axis conducts background checks.
Disclaimer: This job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, Axis Community Health reserves the right to modify or change the requirements of the job based on business necessity.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers