We are looking for a Senior Staff Accountant!
QR Code Link to This Post
This is an exciting opportunity to join a SaaS company as we are rapidly building our team. We were featured on Shark Tank and entrepreneur magazine and Forbes magazine as one of the top fastest growing companies in the world and is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike. We are located in Emeryville accessible via the Emery-go-round shuttle, great area for getting lunch, and lots of amazing professionals in the area.
Our CFO is looking for an up-and-comer Senior Staff Accountant that he can train to become a Senior Accountant. Our company is growing so we are looking to build our accounting team for the future. We need someone who will fully invest in our company as we will fully invest in you and guide you throughout the whole way.
We are offering $ 75-85k with a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, PTO, holidays and 401k) and annual bonuses! We offer a very generous raise every year depending on your performance reviews as we believe in rewarding one’s hard work.
Position reports to: CFO
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain and perform the Purchase Order / Procurement system including coordinating with requisitioning personnel and properly maintaining purchase orders on QuickBooks.
• Assist CFO in developing the Enhanced Inventory System in QuickBooks.
• Maintain and perform the Accounts Payable system from invoice receipt through check runs, on the QuickBooks accounting system, to electronic filing of matched paperwork.
• Maintain and perform the Accounts Receivable system from printing and sending of monthly statement of accounts to collection of past due accounts to coordination of recording customer payments in QuickBooks.
• Perform scheduled and unscheduled payrolls on QuickBooks completely through the filing of payroll taxes and recording of benefits. Coordinate with CFO prior to running payroll to ensure correct deductions are being applied.
• Receive, sort and delivery mail to the appropriate employee, based on standards set up by CFO.
• Maintain and perform standard journal entries and any other journal entries required to properly close the company financial statements. Coordinate with CFO to ensure all entries are prepared.
• Print statements and backup required for inclusion in “Month End book”
• Prepare year-end account reconciliations for all Balance Sheet accounts.
• Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – by the CFO or President.
Skills and Abilities:
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting is not required, but strongly preferred
• Must be very detailed oriented, with no tolerance for financial sloppiness
• Must be skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data
• Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets
• Must be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office especially Excel
• Must have good verbal and written skills
• Must have excellent work habits, including willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal department pressures
• Two to four years of accounting experience highly preferred