compensation: $95,000 - $105,000 per year DOE. Employer sponsored excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance plus retirement plan. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT - DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
Family Support Services is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) who will be responsible for all financial, administrative and human resources matters of Family Support Services. The DFA will report to and work closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). This is an opportunity for someone who thrives on creating and fine tuning systems for a smooth-running organization.
The DFA will partner with an excellent, seasoned CEO, collaborative senior leadership team and the board of directors to develop and implement strategies across the organization. The DFA will oversee all compliance and recognition for government (federal and state) contracts and private grants. She or he will collaborate with the CEO regarding financial, administrative, and risk management issues.
This position has the responsibility for the finances and administration of an organization making a significant difference in the lives of children and their families. She or he must enjoy a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace, managing a finance and administration staff.
Family Support Services assists families who face serious challenges in successfully caring for their children. These include families with children who have mental or physical disabilities; families taking care of children who are substance exposed, medically fragile, or are HIV+; and families in which grandparents or other relatives have had to step in to care for children. See more: http://fssba.org/
Mission: To nurture children, youth and caregivers to keep families healthy and intact.
The DFA will be a seasoned and mature leader with at least 10 years of broad finance experience, followed by experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership. She or he will have experience managing finance (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) for a complex nonprofit with multiple funding sources including government (federal and state) contracts.
A full scope of the job details will be provided.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
• Prepare agency budgets, business plans, forecasts and analysis including but not limited to financial statements, general ledger documents, budgets and tax reporting.
• Responsible for contracts management, banking.
• Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
• Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
• Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the CEO and finance committee of the board of directors.
• Represent the organization to financial partners, including financial institutions, auditors, public officials, etc.
• Oversee and ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function; ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
• In coordination with the CEO procure and manage risk management programs.
Administrative and Human Resources Duties
• Responsible for Personnel Policies and staff training, agency contribution plans, and compliance with all Federal and State regulations.
• Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, training, and supervision of Accounting Manager and the Administrative & HR Manager.
• Ensure compliance with all fiscal and program contractual conditions of each funding source.
• Collaborate with program and development staff on funding requests, program implementation and funding source reporting requirements. Determine profit/loss capability of all proposed contracts.
The DFA will have the following experience and attributes:
• A minimum of a BA/BS; a CPA and/or MBA would be a plus.
• At least five years’ experience as DFA, CFO or equivalent, preferably in a nonprofit organization with a budget of at least $5 million or more, including all aspects of budget preparation.
• Experience in a senior financial-management role, with minimum of five years’ experience supervising a staff of four to six employees.
• Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting.
• Technology savvy with experience in installation and management of systems.
• Ability to work in an open, fast-paced, office under high pressure and numerous deadlines.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
• Must have respect for cultural differences and families’ rights to self-determination.
• Must be able to receive clearance through a fingerprint/background check (criminal and child abuse).
• Requires California drivers’ license and an insured automobile in good working condition.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $95,000 - $105,000 per year DOE. Employer sponsored excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance plus retirement plan.
HOURS OF WORK: This is a full time position, 37.5 hours per week. This position requires normal business hours and some weekend and evening work.
RÉSUMÉ AND COVER LETTER TO: Aster Mitiku at email@example.com
Family Support Services
303 Hegenberger Road, Suite 400
Oakland, CA 94621
Fax: (510) 834-1548
Please attach all documents in PDF format. All other file types/formats will not be considered.
Only candidates who meet our selection criteria will be contacted for the next step in our hiring process. Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply.
Family Support Services is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, health status or national origin.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers