compensation: Pay will be hourly and competitive in the area. employment type: employee's choice telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
This position is an exciting opportunity for a detail-oriented, tech-confident individual to add real value to the operations of this friendly and growing long-established independent East Bay retail nursery/garden center.
This is an important and responsible role. The successful candidate will be responsible for the financial tracking and reporting of the business. They will report directly to the local management and to the Owner on day-to-day book-keeping, inventory management, profitability and cash flow, and will also be responsible for the successful operation of the Nursery's Point of Sale software. Over time, they will be expected to develop the Nursery's utilization of its Point of Sale software and its IT generally to help the business grow and develop.
- Entering and reconciling POs and / or invoices and payments
- Overseeing accounts payable
- Counting cash and reconciling receivables
- Using and managing the Point of Sale software
- Reporting to the GM and Owner on financial performance, cash flow and forecasting
- Tracking and reporting on inventory, including establishing Open to Buys
- Ensuring staff are adequately trained on the point of sale software.
A proven track record in retail back office operations and improving processes.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Extensive experience of using and managing software applications
- Basic networking and IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Good organization skills
- Willingness to learn and be flexible
- Ability to work in a small team and influence colleagues
- Great communication skills
This role will be either 4 days per week or full-time, depending upon preference. Limited home working will be okay.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers