Writing Internship for Movie Application (financial district)
compensation: Please note that this is an unpaid internship. You will be entitled to a letter
You'll be working in a fast-paced, creative environment & receive a first-hand look at the ins-&-outs of the app development process. Throughout the internship, your contributions will be incorporated directly into the app & will ultimately go live as part of the final product.
Please note that this is an unpaid internship. You will be entitled to a letter of recommendation if your internship is successfully completed. We are also happy to work with your school or other organization to arrange for you to get credit for your internship if possible.
• Stay cutting-edge current with movies ranging from Hollywood blockbusters to arthouse & indie film. Emphasis is on new/upcoming releases but our catalog runs all the way back to D. W. Griffith.
• Write movie recommendations, mini-reviews & engaging posts for social media
• Write fascinating, fun & witty trivia content designed specifically for the application.
• Test trivia content in context of the application for effectiveness & quality assurance.
Manage the updating of social media properties: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
• Recent BA graduate or in latter stages of completing degree
• Strong research, writing, and organizational skills
• Ability to write engagingly & with impeccable spelling/punctuation
• At least 1 year of experience with online journalism or blogging preferred
• Strong interest in movies
• Proficiency with Photoshop is a plus
How to apply
We are looking for candidates who have energy, enthusiasm and a desire to make a positive impact. If you think you have what we're looking for, please reply via email with your resume, cover letter, and availability. In the cover letter please tell us a bit about some of your favorite movies.
Please send your application with subject line titled "Trailerpop Internship" to:
No phone calls please! We will contact you to schedule an interview.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers