Technical Writer (SOMA / south beach)
Airware is transforming the unmanned aerial systems (UAS) industry by creating an operating system and development platform for small commercial UAS, aka commercial drones. That's right, we make the brains for flying robots!
Our platform enables customers to tailor UAS towards any commercial or civil application.
Imagine building a system that helps protect endangered species in Africa from the threat of poachers, or one that allows first responders to get a nearly instant live bird's-eye view of a disaster zone. At Airware, our engineers work every day with our customers and partners to make such visions a reality.
We're a fast-growing startup company with an exceptional team that combines aerospace expertise with the rapid technology development of Silicon Valley. We're building an all-star team and looking for the best to join us!
This is a dynamic opportunity for an experienced Senior Technical Writer to design, develop and maintain technical end-user interface controls documents, customer training materials, product user manuals, and troubleshooting guides. The Senior Technical Writer will work closely with our current technical writers and product development as part of the Support and Integration teams.
This critical position will be responsible for collecting our existing documentation and appropriately synthesizing new information. We will be looking to you to be a catalyst to drive best practice improvements in our technical writing team.
• Write, edit, and rewrite manuscript copy for reference manuals, operations manuals, user manuals, and programming guides for software and device operations.
• Produce high quality end-user documentation and procedures for both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Produce work on all phases of information development from information gathering, research, and interviewing, to writing and editing.
• Coordinate with technical support team, hardware engineers and software engineering to verify knowledge of subject in preparation for writing assignments.
• Produce graphics and illustrations, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts as required to illustrate system components and development architecture.
• May assist in preparation and layout of work for publication.
• Participate in multiple level meetings and forums to ensure rapid, quality product development. Prepare operating instructions, compile documentation of program development.
• Implement and manage document source control processes.
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• 4+ years of technical writing experience
• Thrive in a fun, fast-paced startup environment. We're easy going but we get the job done!
• Must have a strong technical writing background
• Experience using SolidWorks or similar
• Must have experience in document control processes and systems
• Be able to manage competing deadlines, work in a fast-paced environment with the appropriate teams to meet customer and business objectives, and ensure that the documents are delivered on time, and are complete and accurate
• If this sounds like you - we want to see your portfolio!
• Previous experience preparing documentation for an ISO audit is a bonus
Apply Here: http://grnh.se/tc24l7
More About Airware
There is an immense need for quality customizable software and ongoing customer support when it comes to small unmanned aircraft. Airware set out to fill that void by creating AirwareOS, a comprehensive platform for small commercial UAS development. Previous solutions have been either closed black boxes or homebrew, while Airware's enterprise solution combines autopilot hardware, flexible software architectures, and an API for customization and expansion.
We are a rapidly growing startup, well-funded by two of the world's pre-eminent technology venture capital firms, Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures.
Airware is unique and characterized by a diversity of individuals who develop, test and iterate on ideas in days and weeks rather than months and years. We are a small and growing company, and we spurn the bureaucracy that can stifle innovation and creativity. The organizational structure is very flat, and you'll have the opportunity to be involved in multiple aspects of the business. If you're an expert at what you do, a go-getter and a team player, we want to hear from you!
Check out our opportunities at www.airware.com/careers.
Check out Life at Airware on YouTube www.YouTube.com/AirwareUAS
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Airware does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers