Web Espy (Yelp of Startups) Needs Writers (NYC)
contract job internship part-time
non-profit organization telecommuting okay
We launched in September and we're in need of a great, creative and passionate writer. This job is perfect for a college student or recent graduate who wants to bolster their writing profile with a well regarded startup while earning extra money at the same time. This is great for someone who loves tech and Tech Crunch You'll work with our highly experienced team (headed by a guy who founded one of the biggest satirical news sites) who will guide you and help you and your writing grow.
You'll be focusing on writing reviews and blog posts on different startups and apps that are new, cool, and helpful. The time commitment be around 10 hours per week.
You should be:
- A quick and prolific writer, able to pump out content fast that is engaging and interesting
- Passionate about technology / the Internet
- An avid user of social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. Social media marketing experience (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) is a plus.
With your application, please include:
- Your resume
- Your availability (hours / week)
- Your social media presence (whatever you wish to share: blog, Tumblr, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and especially if you have Yelp, Amazon or other online reviews)
- Link to your Web Espy account with a few reviews done.
BEFORE APPLYING, Please sign up for an account on webespy.com and rate and review a few startups. When reviewing startups please upload a screenshot or two as well with the review. It will only take you a few minutes and will show me that you are not just mass replying to jobs and are actually interested in this, as well as give us a sense of your writing ability! Send us the link to your profile page on Web Espy so we can check it out.
- OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers