MS Access Expert, SQL, Excel (Berkeley)
2034A Blake St.
Berkeley, CA 94074
• VBA, SQL, ODBC, ActiveX, ADO, VB.NET
• Ability to design friendly, intuitive user interfaces, clear reports
charts, cross tabs, multi-page forms and sub forms
• Knowledge of database design considerations, including normalization,
optimization, data import, export, conversion and manual entry screens,
data validation, and security
• Experience working with management and users to develop and implement
• Access 97, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, with Excel, Powerpoint , SQL Server
Management Studio and Visual Studio 2008
Developer, Programmer and Analyst Experience
• Innova Dynamics, July - September 2012, March - April 2013, July -- Sept 2013
Create three versions of Access 2010 database to collect and analyze test data
for research and development of advanced materials.
Contractor for Leland Saylor Associates
• T.Y. Lin International, December 2012 -- June 2013
Develop MS Access 2007 database with advanced search capability to archive
the architectural plans and drawings from the original Bay Bridge construction
for use by Caltrans in dismantling the old Bay Bridge Eastern Span
• Berkeley Electronic Press, December 2011, April, May 2012
Create Access 2010 database to process metadata for electronic publishing
of academic journal articles by Universities
• Nutek Corporation, May 2010 - July 2010, November 2010, April 2011,
Create secure multi-user Access 2003, 2007 database to track and document
irradiation sterilization process of medical equipment by linear accelerator.
Includes audit trail and digital signature to meet FDA regulation 21 CFR 11 B.
Contractor for Pro Unlimited
• Kaiser Permanente, August - November 2010
Created Access 2003 database containing aggregate queries with selectable
Hierarchy linked to Excel 2007 worksheets as Querytable objects. The Excel
workbooks contain numerous charts, graphs and tables, automatically updated
and linked to Powerpoint 2007 presentations for automation of HR Metrics reporting.
Contractor for Kforce Consulting
• Kaiser Permanente, April - May 2010
Rebuild MS Access 2003 database for project management forecasting,
forms, calculations, security, reports. Inputs project data feed from external
vendor. Allows users to project and track cost savings per project according
to any of three customizable methods.
• Progress Foundation, March 2008 - August 2010 periodically
Repair and update existing Access 2003, 2007 database, create new Access database
for residential mental health treatment agency. Tracks client admissions, diagnoses
and discharge for various short term residential treatment facilities. Reports by
various demographics and duration of treatment.
Contractor for Beyond the Arc
• Wells Fargo Bank, August 2009
Develop a tool to extract data from Excel 2007 spreadsheets, create relationships
and display in reports using various selection criteria and hierarchies.
Contractor for Axiom Consulting
• ABM Corporation, April 2008 -- August 2009
Develop multiple Access 2003 databases to run SQL compare queries
and simulate payrolls for large scale payroll system migration. Compare
pre-conversion and post conversion data and generate error reports.
Create Access 2003 databases for parallel payroll check testing.
• Primary Funds LLC, January -- February 2008, July 2008
Create automated FTP data download, decryption and Access 2007 import
Functions for stock trading database.
Contractor for Metabyte
• DaVita Rx, December 2007 -- January 2008
Create Access 2003 import and export database for pharmaceutical revenue
and inventory data feeds. Develop Excel 2003 query builder application to create
customizable query calculations on linked data from Access database.
Contractor for Talentmine
• Blackhawk Network, October 2007
Add tables, forms, reports, unique identifiers, referential integrity and other
functionality to order processing and reporting database developed in Access
Contractor for Spherion Consulting Services
• The Gap, July -- September 2007
Develop additional forms and reporting capabilities for two company wide
Contractor for PMT Consulting Services
• Amgen, May -- June 2007
Merged two Access databases, conforming table relationships and data,
• Allen Temple Baptist Church, March 2007
Improved existing Access database for tracking classroom attendance and grading
• Lumetra Corporation, December 2006 -- February 2007
Develop Access forms, queries, reports, Excel export, and synchronization
for medical treatment quality survey database
• BizBuySell.com, July - August, 2006
Added automated accounting functionality to existing Access database
Contractor for Magley Associates
• The Gap, February - March, 2006
Resolved data and security problems, added reports to IT project database.
• Video Illusions, September -- November, 2005; January, 2006
Built stand-alone Access application for multi-user mail order sales data entry,
processing and upload as Excel spreadsheets, deployed with installer
and custom security to multiple locations. Also developed Access database
for dealership sales tracking, and automated sales commission calculation
• FNF Title Services, April -- May, 2005; November, 2005
Redesign data model and resolve record locking errors for multi-user
• Center for Policy Analysis on Trade and Health, December, 2004
Created Access queries, mail merge and e-mail merge documents for
non-profit fundraising campaign
• Fidelity Home Warranty, October -- November, 2004
Worked with IT Manager to update SQL Server database
Contractor for Edward Bell Associates
• Bridger Commercial Funding, August, 2000 -- March, 2005
Programmed Access databases and integrated Access databases with
Excel workbooks. Developed linked employee information and employee
attendance log databases, including vacation and sick day accrual processing.
Converted backend to SQL Server to accommodate additional users.
• UCSF Medical Center, December, 1999 -- March, 2000
Developed manual entry databases for up to15 simultaneous users, and
several errro reporting databases that stored as many as a million records.
Systems automation included reading text file dumps from main frame systems
And "screen scraping" records from a mainframe monitor simulation program.
Contractor for Romac International
• Wells Fargo Bank, June -- November, 1999
Developed Access database for analysis of test marketing data linked
to Oracle databases via ODBC and text files from Cobol system, with reports
generated in Excel using ActiveX automation.
Contractor for RHI Consulting
• Stanford/UCSF Hospitals, February -- June, 1999
Developed nine Access databases mostly to input and process claims data
and output reports for data analysts.
• American Baptist Homes of the West, December, 1998 -- February, 1999
Repaired damaged Access database used to track Y2K equipment upgrades
Contractor for Volt Services Group
• Office of the President of the University of California, September -- December, 1998
Developed ten Access databases, including a VIP contact file with five
separate user interfaces.
• Vanir Construction, August -- September, 1998
Developed Access database for managing school construction and
renovation project for the Berkeley Unified School District, used for tracking
problem reports and change orders to architectural plans.
• Everett Graphics, June -- August, 1998
Developed three linked Access databases used to input and track sales.
• Experience programming in HTML and C++
• Knowledge of graphics programs including Photoshop, Illustrator,
Quark Express, Pagemaker and Freehand
Proprietor, Cesium Sound, Berkeley, CA 1986 - 1994
• Programmed sound libraries for music workstation synthesizers, sold
in 50 states and 40 countries worldwide. Created website cesiumsound.com.
• Established manufacturer and press contacts, planned and executed ad
campaigns, handled personal and phone contact with above as well as
suppliers and thousands of customers
• Maintained customer and mailing list databases
Other Professional Activities
Research and Development of music software, 1990 to present
• U.S. Patent issued May 2000, second U.S. Patent issued February 2007
Mills College and Cal State University Hayward
Graduate Study, Electronic Music
California State University, Hayward
B.A., Music Composition
Undergraduate Studies, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- it's ok to contact this poster if you are a potential employer or other principal
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers