Macy's Valley Fair, Santa Clara, CA: Retail Cosmetics Sales - Counter Manager Ch (Santa Clara)
compensation: Will be discussed.
We are currently seeking dynamic, self-motivated individuals who have a passion for cosmetics to lead a team in one of Macy's most vibrant and exciting departments. As a Retail Cosmetic Counter Manager at Macy's, you will supervise the complete operation of one of our cosmetic lines, ensuring a high level of productivity and enabling the counter to meet or exceed sales and credit expectations.
This Macy's location utilizes an innovative way of planning work schedules, allowing an associate to participate more in managing availability and setting preferences for work times. This enables our associates to address their need for flexibility in meeting both personal and work obligations. Details on My Schedule Plus are available during the interview process.
- Achieve personal sales and credit goals by building customer relationships and loyalty through personal interaction, initiation of service consultations, and maintenance of a client file
- Recruit, train, coach, motivate, and develop new and incumbent associates on policies and procedures, product knowledge, and personal and counter productivity goals
- Review and analyze business performance of daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual sales results
- Develop and implement business-driving events to achieve department goals, as well as ensure the flawless execution of corporate events
- Supervise the proper presentation, organization, storing, and replenishment of stock, including the timely processing of new receipts, damages, testers, and stock returns through delegation to self and staff
- Monitor associate productivity levels and provide coaching and feedback
- Communicate regularly regarding stock needs, customer preferences, and special events
- Attend and actively participate in vendor meetings, seminars, schools, and other product knowledge and business-driving opportunities
- Participate in physical inventory process
- Be in compliance with all hygiene standards and maintain a safe and hazard-free work area
- Perform other duties as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of one year of previous selling experience required, preferably in
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to read, write, and interpret general business reports and labels
including warnings and ingredient lists on products
- Ability to effectively communicate with and present information to customers,
vendors, buyers, peers, and all levels of management
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and
- Able to use a calculator and calculate percentages and ratios
- Must be able to make change in American monetary units
- Must be able to anticipate and solve problems
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing
and standing for at least two consecutive hours;
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability
to adjust focus
- Involves lifting at least 40 lbs.
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to build relationships and influence others
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and a thirst for knowledge
- Must be able to lead by example
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, holidays,
and sales events, based on department and store/company needs
Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Click here to apply online.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers