Outside Sales Rep (watsonville)
Port Supply is one of the nation's leading marine wholesalers. Through a combination of broad product selection, unmatched distribution strength, and professional sales teams Port Supply offers an exceptional value proposition for marine trade, industrial, workboat, and government customers. As a result of growth, Port Supply is adding an Outside Sales Representative serving the Watsonville, CA area.
Port Supply sales professionals develop and maintain relationships with accounts, provide product presentations, technical support, and continually identify sales opportunities. In addition to the sales role, this position will also be responsible for business development, strategic planning, and executing plans that contribute to the overall result of the sales team.
If you're interested in growing in the marine industry, have a passion for serving customers, enjoy developing business relationships as a wholesale distributor, continually learning new skills, and earning recognition for your contributions you should consider Port Supply.
The Outside Sales Representative will maintain and support all assigned Port Supply accounts with focused attention on the growth of multiple Key and Targeted Accounts. They will also focus on developing new business within their specific market. The Sales Representative III will consistently achieve superior sales and profit results for their Market Team. They will demonstrate mastery of 4th Generation selling skills with their Customers. In addition, the Sales Representative III will take an active role in coaching 4th Generation selling skills within their Market Team.
The Outside Sales Representative will be a leader on their Market Team as well as within their Regional Team. They will demonstrate their leadership and accountability by developing and leading strategies that will help Port Supply achieve both its sales and profit goals. The Sales Representative III will demonstrate their ability to lead the business by researching and analyzing their market, and will make recommendations for future business development to Market Team Manager and Sales Director. This position reports directly to the Market Team Manager.
As a division of West Marine, Port Supply also offers:
• Excellent non-commission base salary
• Annual performance bonus plan
• Mileage allowance or car plus expense account
• Computer and cell phone
• Medical, dental, vision
• Flexible spending accounts
• 401k plan with matching
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Paid holidays (7)
• Training and development opportunities
• Generous product discount
• Marine Industry knowledge required.
• 2+ yrs Sales experience preferred.
• Must be a self motivated professional.
• Strong communication, organizational and customer service skills.
• Strong presentation, analytical and negotiation skills.
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work under pressure meeting continuing deadlines.
• Experience in developing and managing sales territories.
• Computer literate, including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, etc.
• Ability to travel.
• A high school diploma/GED.
• Consistently practices and records learning's including C N A's, Proposals, and Partnering with our customers.
• Proven success with program.
• Must be detail oriented, with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
• Thorough knowledge of marine products and the marine industry.
• Knowledge of market trends and competitive pricing.
• Strong negotiation and presentation skills. Excellent P&L analysis skills.
• Excellent communication skills
• Understanding of financial reports.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Interested and qualified candidates please email your resume to: email@example.com
Not a fit for this position? Check out other opportunities at www.westmarine.com
West Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers