Trips for Kids is seeking a passionate and experienced Grant Writer to join our team. Qualified candidates will have a proven track record of writing persuasive and successful grants and proposals raising funds for non-profit programs. This is a part-time position located in TFK's San Rafael office.
• Research, write and submit grant proposals and letters of inquiry for new and existing agency programs and general operations.
• Lead conversations and work closely with Executive Director and program staff on new funding strategies.
• Manage all aspects of grant awards including:
• reporting on program outcomes
• maintaining foundation records in database
• maintaining foundation communications in Outlook, folders and server files as relevant
• interpreting award terms
• communicating with grantors
• coordinating grant implementation, program deliverables and deadlines with program staff
• creating analytics of awards to budgeted goals success
• Maintain annual grant calendar for new and recurring proposals, letters of inquiry, reports, and other related deadlines.
• Provide monthly grant and contact activity reports and updates.
• Maintain timely written, phone and personal contact with donors and prospects.
• Coordinate funder requests for site visits with appropriate staff, Board members and/or volunteers. Prepare and brief all participants with appropriate information needed for a successful visit.
• Coordinate with communications staff to appropriately execute funder recognition via press releases, social media, articles, website, per funders' requirements.
• Research potential funders proactively. Coordinate and participate in grant writing and budget proposals for foundations, corporations and government funders.
• Represent Trips for Kids positively and professionally at all times.
• Minimum of five years of foundation and government grant writing and reporting experience.
• Familiarity with national, regional and local foundations, corporations and government entities.
• Strong competency in computer applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Salesforce database, and electronic file management.
SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrating a command of technical, storytelling and marketing language; includes ability to write persuasively, clearly and concisely.
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and leadership skills; must be able to work with a variety of funders, TFK Directors and program staff of diverse backgrounds and skills.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a deadline-oriented environment with proactive initiative for compiling and completing complex proposals.
• Proven ability to be highly accurate and have strong attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
• Self-directed and can work effectively with minimal supervision.
• High level of professionalism and enthusiasm for Trips for Kids mission and goals.
The position is part time and can be fulfilled as either an employee or consultant. Work location is in TFK's office at 610 Fourth Street, San Rafael. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Candidates can provide cover letter, resume and grant writing samples to:
Kim Baenisch, Trips for Kids Executive Director
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers