Maintenance Mechanic (fremont / union city / newark)
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Works under the supervision of Maintenance Supervisor and performs a wide variety of technical, mechanical, and electrical tasks in accordance with established maintenance policy and procedures.
1. Completes work orders and projects in a timely manner as determined by manager and consistent with Industry standards.
2. Follows through on assigned work orders and projects to completion. Communicates to Manager any problems or issues that are encountered.
3. Regularly identifies and reports necessary facility or equipment repairs to manager.
4. Seeks additional work when assigned work orders and projects are completed.
5. Takes care in completing quality work in a workmanlike manner consistent with Industry standards.
6. Follows direction from managers and learns and follows instruction and policies established by managers and according to Industry standards.
7. Flexible in covering other shifts schedules as needed.
1. Receives and follows maintenance schedule/instructions from supervisor as outlined in established maintenance procedures.
2. Performs preventive, routine, and emergency maintenance to all facility equipment. Drives a forklift and pick-up truck as well as climbing ladders.
3. Maintains, tests, inspects, and repairs electrical and mechanical equipment including low pressure boilers, chillers, air handlers, cooling towers, fans, HVAC, electrical and pneumatic controls, emergency generators, heat pumps and their controlling devices.
4. Prepares and installs various sizes of plumbing pipelines and fixtures.
5. Paints inside and outside on a variety of surfaces and performs the detail painting tasks consistent with building and general construction trades.
6. Performs window glazing, masonry, tiling and cement work.
7. Maintains records of work performed by completing work orders; maintains inventory, materials on hand and materials used.
8. Follows established safety procedures and precautions of the facility and in the performance of maintenance duties.
9. Maintains good working relationships with co-workers.
10. Communicates via radio.
11. Regular attendance.
1. Performs arc and gas welding.
2. Applies carpentry skills and techniques necessary in repairing, constructing, remodeling, and maintaining facility plant; selects material, fabricates and installs, planes, sands and finishes; nails, bolts, mortises, dowels and glues items. Essential only for position of maintenance mechanic/carpenter.
3. Installs electrical connections and other electrical work, designs and installs electrical and mechanical systems and modifications as needed.
4. Performs general construction work, constructs building partitions, structures and structural building modifications.
With knowledge of building maintenance with working background to include some electrical, plumbing, and pumps, HVAC knowledge is desirable.
List the specific skills, abilities and experience required to perform the functions of this position.
Must have previous experience in building maintenance with working background to include some electrical, plumbing, and pumps, HVAC. Ability to troubleshoot equipment, or repair.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers