Cable Installation Technician (concord / pleasant hill / martinez)
compensation: Paid hourly and bi-weekly
The ideal candidate will have experience in the installation of Phone, Cable/Satellite, Computer Networking or Alarm, must have a Strong sense of Customer Relations in a Commercial or Residential Setting. This candidate will possess the ability to provide our many clients with outstanding quality of work, service and education on the products being installed.
O. C. Communications (OCC) is a complete, full-service communications contractor specializing in the installation, project management and maintenance of communication systems. Established in 1987, OCC has grown to become a respected leader in the communications industry. The primary function of OCC is to help our partners succeed and grow in the constantly changing climate. OCC serves both residential and commercial markets. The company is headquartered in Elk Grove with offices throughout Northern and Central California, Texas and Florida. For more information, visit www.occom.com
- Candidates must pass drug test and thorough background search
- Must have valid driver's license
- Must have satisfactory driving record with a minimum of three consecutive years of driving experience
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be able to provide regular and predictable attendance
- Must have a basic knowledge of general hand and power tools and the physical ability to use them
- Must have basic computer and mathematic skills
- Must have the physical ability to climb poles up to 32 feet, and ability to lift between 75 to 90 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college or vocational training is preferred but not required
- None required, but upon employment will be required to pass NCTI tests as required by OCC and Contractor
- Perform installations of cable, phone and data lines in a residential setting.
- Possibly perform work near power lines and in inclement weather
- Ground service cables to NEC specifications
- Install coaxial / CAT5e runs on and through drywall, wood, cinder block and concrete
- Perform small core drilling through drywall, wood, cinder block, and concrete
- Install Cable, Internet, and Digital Telephony products and explain how to use it to customers
- Work safely following all OSHA and OCC safety policies including basic ladder usage
- Paid Vacation of one week after completion of one year employment; two weeks after two years of employment
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance available after completion of 90 days of employment
- 401(k) Plan after one year of employment with company match
For all applicants please call 916-708-4140. Please bring a valid 3-year driving report from the California DMV.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers