Facilities/Operations Supervisor (oakland downtown)
Under the direction of the Director of Property Management, the Facilities/Operations Supervisor is responsible for supervising the daily and recurring work of the staff in the general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment. The Supervisor position is also responsible for maintaining building systems, improving staff production efficiencies, and lower building utility usage through research and innovation where possible. The Supervisor will perform other duties as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs formal and on the job training and instruction of proper PM maintenance methods and procedures for staff.
• Supervises the daily activities of building maintenance and janitorial personnel.
• Reviews and inspects work of building maintenance and janitorial personnel.
• Establishes work schedules for subordinates.
• Supervises the maintenance and repair of EBALDC's commercial and residential buildings.
• Implement safety policies and procedures for the maintenance staff.
• Approves time cards, vendor invoices, and purchase orders.
Institutes Best Practices
• Research and implement best practices for environmentally sustainable, cost effective and tenant healthy materials for work orders and unit preps.
• Coordinate the annual inspections of all units, buildings, and building systems and subsequent work order completion.
• Determines material, equipment, and supplies to be used by staff in all facets of their work.
• Evaluate and improve inventory procedures.
• Review new construction plans in concert with the Development team.
• Inspects and directs staff to repair and maintain the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems in all locations.
• Coordinates vendors, as well as inspects the operation and maintenance of the heating, cooling and ventilation systems (including boiler system) in all locations.
• Coordinates with other Department staff as necessary during rehabilitation of existing properties and during the construction of new properties.
• Coordinates and inspects major contracted work as it pertains to electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems in buildings.
• Establishes Preventive Maintenance schedules for all units.
• Supervise, assist and/or performs carpentry, electrical and plumbing duties as required.
• Supervise, assist and/or performs major Property Management maintenance and repairs and assures compliance to all building codes.
• Communicates verbally and in writing with other staff involving the Property Management schedules of the facilities.
• Requisitions and maintains maintenance supplies and equipment in an orderly manner.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Generates reports regarding the facilities schedule and job completion progress.
• Maintains inventory of assigned tools and equipment.
• Complete summary schedules of work performed.
• Performs monthly building inspections.
• Maintains and updates the Property Management Maintenance information in Yardi.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Possession of a current and valid motor vehicle operator's license.
• Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Technology with emphasis in HVAC/mechanical or related field with minimum of 2 years' experience in HVAC/mechanical maintenance or Property Management Maintenance; or
• Associate/Vocational Degree in HVAC/mechanical, Industrial Technology with emphasis in HVAC/mechanical or related field with 6 years' experience in HVAC/mechanical maintenance or Property Management Maintenance; or
• High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent, with 10 years of experience in HVAC/mechanical or Property Management Maintenance
• Overtime may be required during special events or emergencies. Both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather conditions. Strenuous physical labor and heavy lifting are required.
Click on the below link to apply for the Facilities Operations Supervisor position:-
EBALDC offers excellent benefit. EBALDC pays 80% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness Incentives, LTD and Life, Retirement, paid Vacation, Sick and Holiday time for regular employees working at least 20 hours per week.
**All candidates will be subject to a background check**
To apply follow the instructions within the job announcement to submit your application.
Please NO PHONE CALLS!
EBALDC is an EOE/AA Employer
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers