Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Lumber and Hardware Counter Sales (berkeley north / hills)
compensation: based on experience
A salesperson is to provide excellent customer service and consistently maintain a professional approach in providing the customer with a pleasant shopping experience. Salespeople are to be efficient and effective in the selling process while building and maintaining strong relationships with as many customers as possible.
All sales must have a strong background and knowledge of building materials, their qualities and use. Product knowledge should include: framing lumber and Simpson hardware, engineered lumber products, decking (both lumber and composite), fasteners, sidings and moulding /millwork.
Heavy phone and computer use is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greet and assist customers promptly and professionally
• Process all estimates, orders and invoices in a correct and timely fashion
• Communicate clearly with the dispatcher and provide complete and correct paperwork for all deliveries, vendor will calls, and credit pickups
• Follow through with all appropriate coworkers and vendors
• Keeping a good file system
• Answer the phone promptly and professionally
• Continue expanding product knowledge
• Sit/stand for 8 hours per day
• Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs. occasionally
• Limited range of motion and physical activity occurring randomly for 8 or more hours per day
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers