Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
ASSOCIATE IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY (1YR+), $45K - $60K DOE (alameda)
Reporting to the Managing Partner, the Associate will be accountable for managing clients and complex immigration cases. The Associate will supervise two or more Paralegals.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (under the direction of the Partner):
• Represent clients in business immigration law matters
• Manage complex and difficult cases
• Maintain high-level of communication with all clients
• Oversee and manage a team of Paralegals in case preparation and submission, including:
o Assigning and prioritizing case work and projects
o Training of Immigration Assistants and Paralegals
o Ensuring accuracy of all work
• Liaise with other attorneys in the firm and share information regarding business immigration law
• Provide input in attorney related policies and procedures
• Oversee and take lead in law practice projects
• Provide partnership assistance in addressing any perceived needs of the practice
• Provide input to partnership on hiring and performance reviews for Paralegals
• Take leadership role in establishing and maintaining quality and consistency of legal work throughout the firm
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 1 year experience preparing and filing H1B cases for a law firm.
• Will train on other NIV and IV including PERM, L1, O1 and E1.
Skills and Abilities:
• Superb organizational and time management skills
• Ability to multi-task and exhibit strong attention to detail and accuracy both in drafting forms and support letters
• Ability to manage cases and work within strict timelines
• Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written are a must
• Ability to proofread and edit your own work product and others' work product
• Good general computer knowledge and typing skills, including word-processing, email, and forms software (INS ZOOM knowledge is a plus).
• Excellent client customer service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to receive and analyze information
• Ability to judge appropriate levels of information shared with clients
• Can work without supervision and be proactive
Minimum Education Level:
• J.D. degree and must have passed a state bar examination (CA Preferred)
• $45K -- $60K depending on experience
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers