Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Systems Engineer (PHP) (Big Fish / Self Aware Games Studio) (oakland downtown)
The position requires strong coding chops (we use PHP), as well as enthusiasm for the low-level operations of a large-scale online game: Linux, MySQL, memcache, etc.
Day to Day:
- Build robust, configurable and modular process automation tools for feature development, release and monitoring.
- Adapt existing tools to change and scale our development process.
- Collaborate with Operations engineers in building out appropriate monitoring and reporting infrastructure following Visible Ops principles.
- Assist Engineering and Operations in troubleshooting system issues in all environments
- Work closely with an engineering team delivering ongoing releases and updates
- Support the development team and game infrastructure by provisioning and configuring systems to keep our real-time online multiplayer games iterating quickly
- Document tools and processes
- Participate in on-call rotation
- 3+ years experience programming in at least two of: Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, bash
- Experience building tools for development automation (building, testing, releasing or monitoring)
- Experience with Linux server administration
- Experience with version control, such as Subversion, Mercurial or Git
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Undergraduate degree in CS/related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Apache, Lighttpd, Memcache, Jenkins, Nagios, Cacti, CFEngine
- Production Log management
- Metrics and monitoring -- writing custom tools and familiar with open source options
- MySQL performance analysis and tuning
Click here to apply.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers