Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Director of Engineering, UDB (Emeryville, CA)
Director of Engineering, User DataBase | Emeryville, CA
Lead a team responsible for the collection, processing, and persistence of billions of ad audience events. This system is the backbone of audience targeting features for TubeMogul's brand advertising platform.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, action-oriented, and accomplished in the development and deployment of "Web scale" systems. You have a pragmatic, results-oriented approach to application architecture and are excited to work on a Java application stack that leverages open-source tools like Storm, Kafka, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, ZooKeeper and Couchbase.
In this role, you will be expected to acquire a deep technical understanding of the product; plan, manage, and execute a development roadmap; as well as provide mentorship to the engineers on the team. Ideally, you are familiar with the technologies we are using but you must possess a true passion for technology that is readily apparent in your past experience and/or personal projects.
- Manage and/or lead software development projects enhancing our audience profile collection/storage system
- Collaborate on key architectural decisions and design considerations
- Monitor and plan out core infrastructure enhancements (a.k.a. stay ahead of possible scalability bottlenecks)
- Troubleshoot and resolve system problems and customer issues under very tight service level agreement.
- Work with the machine learning team to implement optimizations to increase campaign effectiveness
- Mentor junior developers (i.e. demonstrate good coding practices and helping them architect code smartly)
- Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the team
- 5+ years of team management experience and hands-on technical leadership
- Experience building or managing "Web scale" applications/systems
- Experience building or managing distributed and/or SOA architectures
- Strong sense of ownership with a track record of delivering quality projects
- 7+ years hands-on programming capabilities in Java, ideally in a high performance environment
- Comfortable in a Linux/Unix environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to break down complexity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field or equivalent practical experience
TubeMogul is an enterprise software company for digital branding. By reducing complexity, improving transparency and leveraging real-time data, our platform enables advertisers to gain greater control of their digital video advertising spend and to achieve their brand advertising objectives. TubeMogul was incorporated in 2007 and is based in Emeryville, California with operations in Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, London, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Toronto.
To learn more about TubeMogul and what we're building, check out our Vimeo page: http://vimeo.com/tubemogul
Compensation / Perks:
You will be rewarded for your hard work! You'll appreciate a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and equity. You'll love a challenging work environment; A-player colleagues, momentum, strong leadership and clear objectives and the ability to make a difference. Other benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401k, bonus program, flat screen monitors, weekly happy hours, in-office game room (read: Foosball tourneys), Zen room complete with massage chair, food, Yoga and lots more!
Please use the link provided to apply. We look forward to reviewing your resume! This opportunity is for people interested in full-time work only. For more career opportunities, please check out tubemogul.com/jobs.
No contractors, consultancies will be considered. TubeMogul does not pay fees for unsolicited resumes.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers